Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 harness

If I use the 5.3 harness from a truck in my 87 camaro, what all can I delete from the harness/pcm? I guess what I need to know is what all goes along with emissions, i don't want any emissions. I know I can delete the secondary fuel stuff, clutch and what not, 4wd stuff. I just need to know what all goes along with emissions. I don't want to get too cut happy and cut wires I'll need.. Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should call John at Speartech or Jesse at Wait4meperformance to get a run down of what you can delete. Also the FAQ/Sticky are good information.

What I did was just connect my harness up to all of the sensors and accessories that I needed/wanted, then just start stripping out wire and connectors that you don't need. (usually the EGR, Air Pump, A/C, EVAL, etc), that is what I did and then told Jesse to flash my PCM with all of the deletes and add a basic tune.

You might want to get a pin out of the harness and PCM of the year that your PCM/Harness along with a wiring printout.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Got all the wiring diagrams and some pinouts. I do want to keep A/C. I just want to delete all the other stuff I don't need.
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by bczee
You should call John at Speartech or Jesse at Wait4meperformance to get a run down of what you can delete. Also the FAQ/Sticky are good information.

What I did was just connect my harness up to all of the sensors and accessories that I needed/wanted, then just start stripping out wire and connectors that you don't need. (usually the EGR, Air Pump, A/C, EVAL, etc), that is what I did and then told Jesse to flash my PCM with all of the deletes and add a basic tune.

You might want to get a pin out of the harness and PCM of the year that your PCM/Harness along with a wiring printout.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

What year truck 5.3 harness. You can delete the evac solenoid, vent solenoid, rear o2 sensors. If its new enough, it won't have egr.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Launching!

It's from a 1999 z71

Originally Posted by eagleuh1
What year truck 5.3 harness. You can delete the evac solenoid, vent solenoid, rear o2 sensors. If its new enough, it won't have egr.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Do I need the ebcm, bcm, manifold absolute pressure, ABS,
Old 06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You do need the manifold absolute pressure sensor.

The EBCM, BCM, and ABS can be deleted.

Quick Reply: 5.3 harness