Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 camaro wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 camaro wiring

I am now wiring up my LS1 into my 67 camaro and am wondering what is the sensor in the back next to the cam sensor and close to the map sensor and it points straight up.

I also have the plug for the coolant sensor that came with the wiring kit that I got from Howell Engine Developments and the sensor wires run to the pcm but how do i get that information to my gauge
Old 06-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oil pressure i think...its a black tube 4 inches long
there hould be an extra wire with a 98 temp sensor run that straight to the gauge...or maybe i seens some people use the fastory gauge in the pasenger head
Old 06-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

well i have the AFR heads and my sensor is mounted at the front of the driver side header. Would there be anyway to make that oil pressure sensor work with say some stewart warner gauges or will i have to drill and tap that tree at the oil pan still
Old 06-01-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the oil pressure, just remove the stock sender and install the sender that goes with your gauge. Might have to get a brass adapter... The PCM doesnt use the oil pressure for anything so you can ditch the stock sender.

Justin
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brandon,
The Coolant temp sensor on the front of the drivers head has a complimentary hole in the back of the pass. head. The PCM needs the sensor that is in the driver head. For the passenger head, you will need a 1/2 14 NPT to 12mm adapter to screw you 67 temp sender into the head. Just remove the 12mm plug, and thread in the adapter and sensor. This is the one that connects to the green wire in you loom. I can get you a picture of it if you want. The only place I found a 1/2NPT to 12mm adapter is S&P, costs $22.50, and the sensor doesn't fit really well, you need to work with it a bit. It is a snug fit, and there isn't a lot of material left in the adapter, so be careful. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but since we have the console gauges, we use a siphon tube for the oil pressure. Just gotta drill and tap the little plate over the oilpan, probably take care of that this weekend. If you have a sender, you may want to either do the S&P style tree or I have seen a few people adapt to the factory oil pressure sender location next to the MAP.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For your oil pressure sensor, use the metric to npt adapter sold here. http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?...apter_Bushings You can use the factory oil pressure sender by moving it up behind the intake and it's completly away from the exhaust.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

So how do you use the factory oil pressure sender that is behind the manifold because I would rather do that than tap the tree
Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

you remove it and replace it with an adapter to the sender that came with your gauge...
Old 06-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Got you thanks so much for the info. Getting close to done with this thing and was amazed at all the little things here and there that you have to work out. Hopefully finish up the wiring and get my ricks fuel tank and stainless works exhaust tubes that I am waiting on and it should crank up to bad both of them said about 4 to 5 weeks

Quick Reply: 67 camaro wiring