New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I expect with this setup.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I expect with this setup.

Ok, I am def a newbie LS1 guy, but not new to the world of HP. This last feb I picked up my baby. A 2000 WS6 A4. Black with the Tan interior. Bone stock. Had to sell my other baby, which was a 78 Camaro with a stroker, Big cam, headers and duals. Ran a best of 12.8 in the 1/4 on El Cheapo street tires. Anyways.....

I recently picked up a SLP 500 Hp Heads and cam package for a song, and am planning on a LS6 Manifold, Ported TB, Kooks LTs, ORY with Twin Cutouts, nd a vig 3600 stall. When I get done installing all the goodies its going over to Speed Inc for tuning. I am just curious as to what kind of numbers I would expect with this set up. I am keeping the stock Cat back for the whole not modded look tho.

Am I on the right track?

What I am not mentioning is the basics, like Frame ties, cause this isnt my first unibody build, it goes without saying. But another questions is Double Diamond or regular ties? All the other suspension goodies are going to come over time... Just getting the Big dollar mods out of the way, and when I park the car for winter its going to get torn down and rebuilt. Let me know... Thanks guys.

J.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

id say 425 to the wheels...just my guess
Old 06-03-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say about 420rwhp, maybe a little less because of the 'vertor.
I just used the regular sub-frame connectors as they were inexpensive and didn't weigh as much.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the input guys... I am really just curious. It is HARD AS HELL to not slap the parts on right now, but at the same time, I dont wanna lose the car when its really nice out. Sides, at this time of the year, its over a month to get dyno time at Speed Inc. Lucky for me they are only 10 mins away.

Any suggestions of different parts would be appreciated. Like I said, being old school, I am almost lost when it comes to making big/decent power outta one of these new fangled toys.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

you'll probably make a little over 400whp, i'd personally run a different cam...

Also, go get a haircut...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Not rocking the mullet... But hey.. I did prefer the older easier to tune cars. UGH to having to have a pro do it. But I have heard nonthing but good things about Speed Inc.

Really think I need a diff cam? Its 234/228 with a 571/576 lift respectively. Thats a fairly big cam compaired to 224s that most are running...

Also, I think your 400 is a little on the conservitive side, with all due respect tho, since I just found someone who has 392whp with this H/C set up and basically all stock except the C/B exhaust.