Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damnit what to do now?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damnit what to do now?

So I found out what was causing my misfire, the connection for the Bank 2 Sensor 1 from the wiring harness had a crack in it and it was allowing water in it. This caused my O2 sensor to foul and also caused a misfire. From what I know, I would have to replace the whole wiring harness for the car just to replace that O2 connection. I siliconed it once and it was working great, but not so much anymore...as we all know it has rained all day and it has been misfiring all night. So now I'd rather fix it for good instead of doing a temporary fix. I've gone through 3 or 4 O2's in the past 2 months...

So my question is this...is there any way to fix it for good with out buying a new wiring harness and if not, where can i get one for cheap?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Just replace the damaged connector/wiring/whatever. If you are uncomfortable with wiring, almost any idiot at a stereo shop should be capable of doing it. BTW, if you ever try to patch a bad electrical insulator again, hot glue is a thousand times better as a temp patch than silicone.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i oredered a new connecter for it...so I'll just put that in when I get it. I just didn't know you could buy them seperatly.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Silicone is good for making things weather proof, but be careful about getting it on wires. I once tried to make a part of a circuit board weather proof by putting silicone on it, it rotted the PCB tracks in days, where the inprotected part still looked good. Its the vinegar in the silicone thar eats away at copper.

Looks like you have the perfect solution on the way. I dind't klnow you could buy the connectors seperatly. If they are a sponser it may be worth mentioning them.