Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 into 88 S10 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 into 88 S10 questions.

I recently bought a MINTY 88 S10 Xcab, 4.3 2wd. Engine runs like ****, but the truck drives like new and the body is like none ive never seen, its cherry!

It is getting a ls1 swapped in shortly by me. Any links for premade mounts, driveshafts? Will a 4l60 trans fit in the tunnel? The engine is from a camaro and has the camaro oil pan naturally. It will most likely NOT have AC (maybe, i love AC!) or PS when i do the conversion. BUT if someone has info on how to convert from r12 to r134 or whatever with using the LS1's AC compressor, it would be greatly appreciated! I can figure out the headers, wiring, intake, and cooling thats easy for me. If i read correctly, some site said, since i have the 4.3 2wd s10, the ls1 will actually bolt up to my existing trans? I dont plan on doing that, but just wanted to possibly verify that statement. Any links and info for the 88 s10/ls1 swap is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by v8-7
I recently bought a MINTY 88 S10 Xcab, 4.3 2wd. Engine runs like ****, but the truck drives like new and the body is like none ive never seen, its cherry!

It is getting a ls1 swapped in shortly by me. Any links for premade mounts, driveshafts? Will a 4l60 trans fit in the tunnel? The engine is from a camaro and has the camaro oil pan naturally. It will most likely NOT have AC (maybe, i love AC!) or PS when i do the conversion. BUT if someone has info on how to convert from r12 to r134 or whatever with using the LS1's AC compressor, it would be greatly appreciated! I can figure out the headers, wiring, intake, and cooling thats easy for me. If i read correctly, some site said, since i have the 4.3 2wd s10, the ls1 will actually bolt up to my existing trans? I dont plan on doing that, but just wanted to possibly verify that statement. Any links and info for the 88 s10/ls1 swap is greatly appreciated!!!
trans adapt makes motor mounts for this swap. yes a 4l60e will fit. the ls2 oil pan is suppose to fit in the blazer cross memeber without cutting. not sure about the pickups tho. you can go with a aftermarket brackets for the acessories or go with the vette acessories. sanderson makes headers for this swap.i think you can do that but you have to change the bellhousing. i am also swapping in a 6.0 in my 87 blazer. i need to go get the ls2 oil pan this week.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think you'll get this conversion done. Generally it takes more resources than someone living in a van down by the river will have access to. Such as power for welding, grinders, sawsalls, soldering irons..... Just being a smartass. S10forum and Jags that Run, and here all good sites for info. Good luck. I also used Alldata.com for wiring diagrams and schematics for my 96 Blazer and donor 2005 Suburban.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

PS, the truck accessories brackets do fit in the S10's its tight on the alternator but they fit. Just delete the Evac solenoid and intake cover. That of course is using my homemade motormounts and setting the engine very low. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eagleuh1
I don't think you'll get this conversion done. Generally it takes more resources than someone living in a van down by the river will have access to. Such as power for welding, grinders, sawsalls, soldering irons..... Just being a smartass. S10forum and Jags that Run, and here all good sites for info. Good luck. I also used Alldata.com for wiring diagrams and schematics for my 96 Blazer and donor 2005 Suburban.
I tow a diesel construction generator behind the van. I have a plasma, big daddy hobart MIG, Hobart TIG, and much more. Im just too lazy to plasma up a set of mounts from 3/8 steel plate, haha. I think i saw a set on ebay for $60 and the guy was local. Cant beat that IMO! Thanks for the info on the sites!

Quick Reply: Ls1 into 88 S10 questions.