Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Question!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Question!?

Just got my 98 auto z28 back from getting transmission completely rebuilt with shift kit. It has been fine the whole week ive been driving it. Last nite i got on it a lot, for bout a half hour of driving ( i usually baby my car ) and when i got home, went to pull it in the garage, and it felt like i was slippin on a piece of paper, like the trans was slippin as i went from a stop to go. kept doing tht as i w as testing it around the block. So i got pissed, andparked it for the night. Went to drive it today, and was perfect.? You think tht was just from beating on it for awhile, or what. Cuz its fine now, but last night it felt like it was slipping into first
Old 06-03-2007, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If harm was done, it doesn't just go away. Eventually it will be back and only time will tell how long it will take. It could possibly just be in your head and you felt bad about beating on the car.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
If harm was done, it doesn't just go away. Eventually it will be back and only time will tell how long it will take. It could possibly just be in your head and you felt bad about beating on the car.
I agree with that.. but if u dont ever beat on your car... its just your car saying... tkae it easy haha... but just dont beat on it that hard... a few times is ok.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Make sure your trans fluid is full .. Low fluid will cause slippage like you are describing