PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mega misfires at idle...

Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega misfires at idle...

I finally got my EFILive w/LM-1 working tonight and logged some idle data while the car was still on the jackstands keeping the RPM's under 1200 so I didn't wake the neighbors up . I thought my LM-1 was really messed up because I had just calibrated it per Innovate instructions and it was reading 19+:1 AFR. I thought there is no way that my engine would even run that lean. I figured it was some fluke so I moved the wideband to the other bank and got a little better response but still 17+:1 AFR. The car was running fine with a slight hickup every couple of seconds but no major audible miss-fires through LT headers, ORY and Magnaflow exhaust. Then I found an EFILive pid that will count misfires so I turned them on for all 8, started to log and the number of misfires skyrockets on cylinder #6 and hits about 25 total misfires over 12 seconds on cylinders 2 and 4 and the remaining cylinders had some misfires too. So that should explain the lean condition that I was seeing shouldn't it?

After the engine cools I'm gonna check plugs and wires. What else could be the cause? Does the crank positon sensor need relearned?

I'll try to get the car out on the road also to see if higher RPMs kill some of the misfiring.

Last edited by squealingtires; 06-04-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put in the cam you have sitting in the garage and then worrie about why your missfireing

Search this Thread