Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust system troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust system troubleshooting

Hey I got a 98 Camaro and im getting ready to put headers and a complete exhaust system on the car. will the system cause any problems? do i need to change the amount of fuel or any other technical type things on it cause my buddy said sometimes it can interfere if some things are not changed. So is there anything that needs to be done or is it just bolt weld and go? thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah you can just bolt it up and everything will run fine. Make sure you get some o2 extensions and you will get an ses light if you dont get an o2 simulator or the rear o2s tuned out. all in the sticky.

You might want to get a dyno tune after this to get the most hp, but its not nessasary.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deff. not necessary, but you won't feel the full effect of the exhaust until you get a dyno tune. If you plan to do more stuff in the future you would want to wait until you really need a tune..........cam, heads etc.

I drove my car for a year after the header install without a tune
Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/520845-mod-guide-induction-exhaust-please-read-before-posting.html