Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTT: Cadillac DTS for M6 LS1 F-body

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTT: Cadillac DTS for M6 LS1 F-body

My family has had a few LS1 F-bodies pass through it. My brother had a '99 Z28 and an '02 NBM WS6 until I swung him over to the Dark Side (Turbo Buicks). My dad still has his '99 SS (also a salvage car). When I would drive these LS1 cars I would think to myself how cool it would be to own one. Then I get into my Caddy and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

Well I took dad's '99 SS to work today and am having crazy thoughts again. I thought I'd take a crack at a trade for an LS1 F-body. I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'd be looking for an M6 1998+ F-body. Nothing else really matters (color, options, Chevy or Pontiac). I want to break even mileage-wise - around 70k miles.

I restored my Cadillac myself in 2005. It's a recovered flood car from Aliquippa PA. It was under water, but fresh water. Over a 3 month period I dismantled the car and cleaned every nook and cranny with a toothbrush. I applied a fungicide and mildicide to everything and reassembled with as many original parts as possible, plus new GM and salvage parts (from a collision-totaled DTS that I had). The car has been trouble-free for 30,000 miles. It is awesome to drive and smooth as glass on the highway. Triple digit speeds come quickly and without really being aware of it.

The DTS is the performance version of the Deville. If you're familiar with the rental-car Devilles it's NOT that. The DTS has the following upgrades over the base:
- 300 HP version of the Northstar V8
- Different gearing to take advantage of the revised cam profile
- Real wood accents (vs. cheesy plastic on the base)
- Perforated leather seats
- Console shifter
- Fluorescent back-lit analog gauges
- StabiliTrac active suspension system (the car is very agile for a big sedan)
- Fog lights
- Heated seats in all 4 seating positions

The car also has:
- Power moonroof
- Bose sound system w/ 6-disc changer
- Auto-dim rear and side mirrors
- Fully automatic climate control front and rear
- Dual bucket, heated power seats with lumbar massage
- Ultrasonic rear parking aid ("URPA")
- OnStar
- 17" chrome 'turbine' rims (satin were standard)
- ABS, traction control
- Dip-to-curb RH side mirror
- Driver-specific memory (seats, radio, climate control, etc.)

I've added:
- CODE remote starter
- New Pirelli PZero tires
- Brembo rotors and ceramic pads
- Corsa stainless steel exhaust (sounds very mean and adds a dyno-proven 20 HP)

I've gone through great pains to make sure EVERYTHING works as it should. Existing defects are:
- Butt warmers in the back don't work (back heaters still work)
- 2 bars on the rear window defog are dead

I'll repair those 2 issues upon request. Everything else works 100%. The car is full of gadgetry.

The car is White Diamond (tri-coat pearl metallic) with a tan faux convertible top (not my choice, but it's growing on me). There are very few cosmetic defects in the paint.

Interior is tan leather and unfortunately the driver's seat shows typical wear for a 70k mile GM car. No rips or tears.

Private party value on the car is between $12k and $14k. When I factor in the salvage title, I figure a trade worth around $9-11k would be reasonable.

Any interest?

Jim