Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hmm now wonder if should have got the ram street twin disc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hmm now wonder if should have got the ram street twin disc.

Reading about the ram twin and it has some interesting specs.
It says it don't have the twin disc floater plate rattle which my tex has when pushed in.
It says it has light pedal pressure. My tex twin pressure is acceptable no problem there.
It says the discs it uses are very streetable and smooth. I have guess the more race discs not sure if they were designed for street at all as Peter at tex said they do have other discs you can run for better streetability.
Ram power handling sounds like its near the tex with 900 ft pounds think compared to tex 1200??
Ram does use adjustable master which don't like to use as it was adjustable master that wiped out my cartech clutch at maybe 5000 miles.
Tex uses no shims and stock master and slave. I like no adjustment to mess up.
Mainly just wish my tex would not make the rattling when pushed in noise and really hoping it breaks in to be more streetable. I have 120 miles or so on it and its not too bad but you still get chatter or jerkiness from the lights most of the time. I also think if ram can make one rattle free then tex should mabye consider doing that to their clutch if it isn't some big patent thing . quiet is a good thing!

So anyone actually running a ram twin disc street clutch?
And tex twin guys most all of you had the chatter go away after a few hundred miles and mabye some harder launches?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it in my Vette, but you probably won't count me...

In since December, absolutely no chatter, no floater noise. I put a Procharger on and still no issues...
Old 06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely seems like it might have been a good choice.My floater noise seems a bit better now maybe am used to it,maybe it got a bit quieter. I have some chatter but seems to be going away too with some break in miles. That ram sounds like a good choice too.

Quick Reply: Hmm now wonder if should have got the ram street twin disc.