Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery problem (i hope)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery problem (i hope)

So I noticed my volt gauge seems a little lower than normal, all my power works, radio, windows, seats, air all works fine. So went to 2 AZ's in my town an both battery check machines are down. So I parked in the garage an turned the lights on an gave it a few revs an the lights stay the same brightness, the only thing I notice is the little green light on my acdelco battery is very dim, it used to be alot brighter. So does that mean my battery's loosing charge? Im gonna try another AZ tommarow see if thers works, an hope an pray it not the ALT!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

IF your battery is not old, it should be ok unlees your alternator is not charging it back up, I had the same problem with one of my cars and on top of that I had two 12's in back, that for sure kill your batt and alternator! Good luck
Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive never changed the battery in it an its a 02 so im going to assume its never been changed. All I know is the car is running fine just the volts are a little low and the light on my battery is very dull.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't go by that green hydrometer light , it's useless. Have a load test performed on your battery , that will tell you if it's okay or not.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

I was going to suggest the load test myself, my green light seems to come and go at will, plus that's just an indication of just one of the cells.....
Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Update-- At lunch today I went to O'reillys had him test the Battery and Alt. Turns out the Alt is fine but the battery lost a cell so got a new battery an all is well. Il never go to that AZ again, that guy had no idea what he was doing an if followed his advise id be a few hundered in the hole for a new ALT an a battery! Thanks for the replys