Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Pacesetters

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Pacesetters

Hey guys. I have a 2001 Camaro ss A4 and am looking to get headers and exhaust. I am thinking Pacesetter and have a few questions.

1. Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

2. Are they easy to install yourself?

3. Can i drive my car after installing them to get it tuned. And can i buy the race style without it being illegal? If i understand correct 01-02 don't have egr right?

4. Any other comments about what is needed to do this.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

1. texas speed!

2. hell no! 7 hours with a mechanic and myself

3. sure can, havent got a tune with all my mods, car runs fine as of today, no the race type = illegal

4. my ceraminc coated pacesetters have been great for over a year, no discolor or anything
Old 06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Shop around for best price

They are VERY easy to install, I also have the y-pipe with no flat spots and it was cake. took literally about 6 minutes to install the y-pipe

I havent tuned mine yet and it runs fine. generally the stock tune can adapt pretty well

I got the ceramic coated ones, make sure you get the Corvette O2 sensors so you dont have to mess with extending and they also work better because of the heat resistance and all that. Bosch 13111 is the part number I believe. Also get new METAL stock replacement gaskets. Get the car nice and high up in the air. It takes a bit of patience, every bolt has its sweet spot, but trust me they are NOT impossible to get to. This was a VERY very easy install on my 2002 A4 Z28. Unless you have a cutout or other type of catback, the result will be a bit meaner but still relatively quiet car. Right now I have the stock catback with a cutout so depending on my mood I can have it pretty damn loud or nice and stealth. This is one mod you wont regret
Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

would you recommend the TSP x pipe setup? ANd which muffle out of sweet thunder, spiral flow, and 18" Dyno bullet is the meanest?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Many different places sell them. I just ordered them from Shon Herron.

You can install them yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Be prepared to spend a few hours..bring a 6-pack and a few extra tools to throw.

You don't need a Tune, but it will definately wake it up with one.

Originally Posted by Camaro94SS
no the race type = illegal
Depends on what kind/year of car that Engine is in, and what State you are in. I am here in Arkansas, there is no Inspection here at all..
And I drive a 1995 "OBDI" Car that doesn't get Emissions Tested in 48 States. Also the Engine I'm building comes with no Emissions from the factory..no provisions for it.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

I am in texas. We have inspection here. Visual and all.