Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Aircraft/COMM guys.... I'm looking to x train..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aircraft/COMM guys.... I'm looking to x train..

Ok. I love aircraft, I'd love to work with them, but I'm not up for the maintenance bit. I think it's too **** for me.. -No offense. It's either that or COMM SQ, maybe soemthign along the lines of Radar maintenance. I'd like to cross train into a more technologically advanced career field. I'm CE now, don't get me wrong I love running big Tonka toys, but I will allways be a grunt labor worker and I'm tired of getting screwed by the nasty side of my job. (CES: Cleans Everyones ****) It would be nice to have the option to wash my uniform everyday, not have to come home covered in concrete and sealant.

I am really digging the Air Force after almost 5 years in. I am proud to be in and I am going to re enlist, but I have to find a better career field. -It's also not too friendly on my back, which is bad enough as it is.

If there are any COMM SQ guys, please let me know also.

What is your Job? How long was your techschool? How long have you been doing it? How do you like it? In what ways do you get screwed? CJR Requirements?

Thanx for the help!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not an AF guy, but don't you have career counselors to discuss this with whom have facts in front of them on your issues?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

We do, but they will only tell you so much..

I'd like to hear it from the guys that do it every day...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Try actual Aircraft Comms, 1A3, you could easily get into an airborne maintenance platform, get tdy time, make flight pay, all kinds of good incentives, and it is a shoe in for cross training as long as you can pass a flight physical, and CJRs in the 1Axxx career fields are all but guaranteed, plus most of us still have an SRB through as much as a Cat C enlistment term. Any 1Axxx career field is great, and being on the OPS side instead of maintenance helps life out too

Quick Reply: Aircraft/COMM guys.... I'm looking to x train..