Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Serious Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Serious Help!!!!

Ok so the other day I was leaving a friends apartment when my car wouldn't start. and when I say this I mean that the ignition would not even turn. after messing with it for a half an hour I finally got it to go into the on/start position with some finesse. It would not start

figured it was my lock and tumbler. called a locksmith and $255 later I have an entirely new lock and tumbler. new keys and everything. found out during the installation that one of the white wires connected to the ignition was somehow cut or ripped in half.

spliced this and installed the ignition. or rather the technician did. either way the car still did not start. tried these things. and when I say matches I mean the VAT resistor value

old ignition with spliced wire and original key-no start
new ignition with new key that matches new ignition-no start
new ignition with new key that matches old ignition-no start

tried to connect my laptop with tunercats to disable VATS and the car computer could not be recognized. this was also true when trying to use a code reader.

I got it towed to dealership for another $100. they said they will start working on it for another $100. this is getting very costly!!!

please anyone know what is up? this is my 1994 formula obd1
Old 06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, well if tunercats and a code reader wouldn't recognize the car I'd look for a fried fuse that powers the DLC - not sure which one it is on yours, mines the CIG/ACCY.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i'll check that. this is turning into a huge mess. Just want the thing to start!