Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG PLANS INSIDE!!!! check em out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default BIG PLANS INSIDE!!!! check em out!

alright guys, im looking here in the next few years while im in school to start a build on my car. if i get a decent job up there hopefully this time next year i hope to have the following/accomplished:
i want to put ARP bolts and new bearings in the bottom end, stay with stock rods, but upgrade to forged pistons with valve releifs and better rings.
im looking at the TR230R with TSP 1.5 5.3's. im also going to go with the thinner gaskets, i cant remember off the top of my head which ones or how thick. any help?
FAST 90/NW90
of course all the supporting things that go with a cam swap.
comp 918's or better, not sure yet with harland sharp 1.8's and the hardned pushrods. not sure on the length yet.
custom 1 3/4 stepped 1 7/8 stainless headers with 3 inch HVMC's, while sticking with my TSP TD's
ofcourse the full suspension mods setup for drag racing.
Moser 12 bolt with 4.10's, 33 spline axles and a detroit true trac, or somthing else. not sure yet either.
SSI built T56 with probably a Mcleod tiwn disc. not sure yet.....
and one helluva tune!
NO NITROUS. this car will be all motor.

i know im missing somthing, but i want to get this started so i can start getting stuff together. im planning on buying stuff as i can and getting it all together over the next year or so and having everything at once. so i want your opinions/suggestions. this is not going to be a DD, but its going to be a weekend car/track car. will probably see the trailer/track more than the street. but i still want it to be driveable. im shooting for around 450+RWHP with this setup. im shooting for a mid to low 11 second ET. if i cant get there on this motor, then i guess ill go bigger.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nothing? **** im good to go then!!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ur guna do pistons why not do rods as well? that doesnt make much sense IMO.. and if ur planning on staying N/A might as well do a stroker while u got the motor apart.. but thats just me.. sounds like a good build...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:44 PM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If youre not gonna spray, theres no reason for forged pistons
Old 06-09-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is not unlike the motor i am building for my car,