Southern Members - Engine Shops around Dothan, AL

View Full Version : Engine Shops around Dothan, AL

Kavslayer
06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm looking to find a REPUTABLE machine shop to clean up my block balance and blue print and polish the crank I'll be buying all the parts so if you know any shops withing a couple of hours from Dothan, AL let me know. If you know how much they charge for rebuild let me know that to please. Thanks for the help.

00WHITETA
06-07-2007, 08:46 PM
I know R&R here in huntsville is a good engine shop. It alittle more than acouple hours away. Just figured I would tell you about them.

Jimmy

Kavslayer
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I know R&R here in huntsville is a good engine shop. It alittle more than acouple hours away. Just figured I would tell you about them.

Jimmy
Do you have any idea on what they charge for resleeving or blueprinting and balancing, Total rebuild?

z28kitten
06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Pilcher Automotive south of Enterprise. No idea what they charge but I've known them for years. They have a race team as well.

Pilcher Automotive & Machine Shop
Enterprise, AL
334/347-3611

Kavslayer
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Pilcher Automotive south of Enterprise. No idea what they charge but I've known them for years. They have a race team as well.

Pilcher Automotive & Machine Shop
Enterprise, AL
334/347-3611

Thats awesome cause I'm gunna be on the south side of enterprise when I get back there so that shouldn't be to far from the house. Thanks a lot.

z28kitten
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Where are you going to be? I grew up south of enterprise.

idrivefast22
06-08-2007, 11:23 AM

there is no south of Enterprise :jest: ...until you get to Dothan.

unless you don't blink, then you might catch level plains, and the turnoff into daleville/ft. rucker.

godspeed1976
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM

That explains the paint job BUWAHAHA!! j/k

z28kitten
06-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Har har to all ya'll. But Dothan is actually EAST of Enterprise. Geneva is directly south. I grew up between Geneva and Enterprise in Chancellor.

SO HA! Learn your tiny town of south alabama! http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_judge.gif jk

idrivefast22
06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Har har to all ya'll. But Dothan is actually EAST of Enterprise. Geneva is directly south. I grew up between Geneva and Enterprise in Chancellor.

SO HA! Learn your tiny town of south alabama! http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_judge.gif jk

Enterprise is NORTH WEST of Dothan if you want to get technical with it :judge: :D

har har :laser:

lol jk :)

02 WS6 TA
06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh SnAp.

z28kitten
06-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I didnt figure ya'll would understand words as big as "northwest" or "southeast" so i simplified. jk

Wow.. We just made like 6 posts 'arguing' about directions. We all must be realllly bored.

idrivefast22
06-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I didnt figure ya'll would understand words as big as "northwest" or "southeast" so i simplified. jk

Wow.. We just made like 6 posts 'arguing' about directions. We all must be realllly bored.

Big words? Not even close. I was raised in Dothan City Schools. You were raised south of Enterprise where they only worry about farming. :judge:

haha sorry I gotta pick on ya, its all in fun. Yea, boring day at work. I get to go around and measure more Hardee's next week :eyes: . But it's easy over-time work.

Kavslayer
06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Big words? Not even close. I was raised in Dothan City Schools. You were raised south of Enterprise where they only worry about farming. :judge:

haha sorry I gotta pick on ya, its all in fun. Yea, boring day at work. I get to go around and measure more Hardee's next week :eyes: . But it's easy over-time work.

CHILDREN no need to fight were its just a matter of samantics. But really not sure my stepmom said there about 40 min from dothan and about 40 min from Panama city so somewhere around there.

idrivefast22
06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
CHILDREN no need to fight were its just a matter of samantics. But really not sure my stepmom said there about 40 min from dothan and about 40 min from Panama city so somewhere around there.

lol man its all in fun. We like to Hi-Jack threads around here...Where are the rest of the Southeast Bama people that are on here anyways? I know they aren't doing anything useful b/c its Friday...

Kavslayer
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
lol man its all in fun. We like to Hi-Jack threads around here...Where are the rest of the Southeast Bama people that are on here anyways? I know they aren't doing anything useful b/c its Friday...

Yeah I know man giving ya shit. I was talking to my stepmom earlier today and she said theres a GM/Pontiac dealer that does custom painting.(I believe in enterprise) But shes gunna ask about pricing a color change to SOM. I'm guessing for a good job it will be over 3 grand. But shes also gunna see how much it is just for NBM redone. Update on to wht im doing though. I am most likel going to buy a 402 Shortblock and all supportings parts that I can't pull of my LS1. So I'll have to look around for shops that can do that. I'm gunna have her give that Pilcher auto a call and see what they would charge to do the swap(if they can)

z28kitten
06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Yea thread hi-jacking is fun... too bad some always has to come and bring it back on topic.... http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_stretch.gif

I have no clue what stealership you are talkin about around here to do custom painting. There are several good shops around but I dunno about the ones at the chevy or pontiac places. I cut out the middle man and we did my paint ourself http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_devil.gif

Kavslayer
06-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Yea thread hi-jacking is fun... too bad some always has to come and bring it back on topic.... http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_stretch.gif

I have no clue what stealership you are talkin about around here to do custom painting. There are several good shops around but I dunno about the ones at the chevy or pontiac places. I cut out the middle man and we did my paint ourself http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_devil.gif

Not sure what dealer it is. I didn't really ask to much about it cause she said that she would pay to get the car repainted. I would love to learn how to paint but I nor anyone I know has the knowledged, equipment, or place to do it so it kinda has to be done by a middleman, The same goes for doing the 402 swap

little Red Camaro
06-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Man, I always thought Enterprise was a pretty boring town! I go there at least once a year to visit my parents! Hate the drive....too long! And each time a go I never seem to see any fbodies! My sister graduated from Enterprise last year, and can't wait to get the hell out of there!

z28kitten
06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
And each time a go I never seem to see any fbodies! My sister graduated from Enterprise last year, and can't wait to get the hell out of there!

As we've discussed in other threads, no one around here ever does anything car wise. But then someone pointed out thats impossible because there's rarely a time when everyone's car is running at the same time!

Enterprise isnt a bad town. Its changed a lot in the past few months. Class of 06 huh? Who's your sister? I graduated from there in 04.

HushH
06-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Man, I always thought Enterprise was a pretty boring town! I go there at least once a year to visit my parents! Hate the drive....too long! And each time a go I never seem to see any fbodies! My sister graduated from Enterprise last year, and can't wait to get the hell out of there!

You thought Enterprise was boring...I grew up in Andalusia. Think smaller than Enterprise and further from any decent sized towns. The car scene was pretty decent around there when I was growing up though. Lots of older muscle cars.

little Red Camaro
06-09-2007, 04:53 PM
don't get me wrong, I lived there for a few years while my dad was stationed there, it is a nice town. My parents love it! I like how close ya'll are to the beach! My sister name is Morgan.

z28kitten
06-10-2007, 07:39 AM
she wasnt on danceline was she?

little Red Camaro
06-10-2007, 11:54 AM
I have no idea, I thought she had something to do with the band.

onebad12
06-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Guys in Enterprise I think the first or second Saturday of the month car guys meet up in the parking lot beside DQ. There are some bad street cars up there. A turbo 68 Camaro, some bad Mustangs, and a few zo6's.
Pilcher Automotive can do any machine work you want done, they dont like to work on cars except Pro Mods or Big Motor cars. If you want someone to do the swap for you contact Transmatic Transmissions in Enterprise. Guys name is Mike Collins, he has a L/S '70 Camaro with a 706 in it. He does alota work for guys in the area, he did my trans. Good luck

z28kitten
06-10-2007, 11:05 PM
The Enterprise Cruise in is the first Saturday of the month. It's put on by the Weevil City Cruisers

Kavslayer
06-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Guys in Enterprise I think the first or second Saturday of the month car guys meet up in the parking lot beside DQ. There are some bad street cars up there. A turbo 68 Camaro, some bad Mustangs, and a few zo6's.
Pilcher Automotive can do any machine work you want done, they dont like to work on cars except Pro Mods or Big Motor cars. If you want someone to do the swap for you contact Transmatic Transmissions in Enterprise. Guys name is Mike Collins, he has a L/S '70 Camaro with a 706 in it. He does alota work for guys in the area, he did my trans. Good luck

I'll have to look into Transmatic Transmissions. Have you had any work done by the guy or know people that have? I'm really looking at spending a little more then I want and get a 402 shortblock so hopefully I can get a decent price from him for the swap. Thanks again to everyone for the info/help. Its really hard doing stuff sitting out here in Iraq.... LOL

onebad12
06-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Mike owns Transmatic Transmissions and is a good guy. He does good work and knows what hes doing. He built my transmission and has answered alota questions for me. For the machine work there is only one place to go, Pilcher Automotive.

I'll have to look into Transmatic Transmissions. Have you had any work done by the guy or know people that have? I'm really looking at spending a little more then I want and get a 402 shortblock so hopefully I can get a decent price from him for the swap. Thanks again to everyone for the info/help. Its really hard doing stuff sitting out here in Iraq.... LOL