Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Engine Shops around Dothan, AL

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Shops around Dothan, AL

I'm looking to find a REPUTABLE machine shop to clean up my block balance and blue print and polish the crank I'll be buying all the parts so if you know any shops withing a couple of hours from Dothan, AL let me know. If you know how much they charge for rebuild let me know that to please. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

I know R&R here in huntsville is a good engine shop. It alittle more than acouple hours away. Just figured I would tell you about them.

Jimmy
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00WHITETA
I know R&R here in huntsville is a good engine shop. It alittle more than acouple hours away. Just figured I would tell you about them.

Jimmy
Do you have any idea on what they charge for resleeving or blueprinting and balancing, Total rebuild?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Pilcher Automotive south of Enterprise. No idea what they charge but I've known them for years. They have a race team as well.

Pilcher Automotive & Machine Shop
Enterprise, AL
334/347-3611
Old 06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28kitten
Pilcher Automotive south of Enterprise. No idea what they charge but I've known them for years. They have a race team as well.

Pilcher Automotive & Machine Shop
Enterprise, AL
334/347-3611
Thats awesome cause I'm gunna be on the south side of enterprise when I get back there so that shouldn't be to far from the house. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Where are you going to be? I grew up south of enterprise.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

there is no south of Enterprise ...until you get to Dothan.

unless you don't blink, then you might catch level plains, and the turnoff into daleville/ft. rucker.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

That explains the paint job BUWAHAHA!! j/k
Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Har har to all ya'll. But Dothan is actually EAST of Enterprise. Geneva is directly south. I grew up between Geneva and Enterprise in Chancellor.

SO HA! Learn your tiny town of south alabama! jk
Old 06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Har har to all ya'll. But Dothan is actually EAST of Enterprise. Geneva is directly south. I grew up between Geneva and Enterprise in Chancellor.

SO HA! Learn your tiny town of south alabama! jk

Enterprise is NORTH WEST of Dothan if you want to get technical with it

har har

lol jk
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh SnAp.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

I didnt figure ya'll would understand words as big as "northwest" or "southeast" so i simplified. jk

Wow.. We just made like 6 posts 'arguing' about directions. We all must be realllly bored.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

I didnt figure ya'll would understand words as big as "northwest" or "southeast" so i simplified. jk

Wow.. We just made like 6 posts 'arguing' about directions. We all must be realllly bored.

Big words? Not even close. I was raised in Dothan City Schools. You were raised south of Enterprise where they only worry about farming.

haha sorry I gotta pick on ya, its all in fun. Yea, boring day at work. I get to go around and measure more Hardee's next week . But it's easy over-time work.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by idrivefast22
Big words? Not even close. I was raised in Dothan City Schools. You were raised south of Enterprise where they only worry about farming.

haha sorry I gotta pick on ya, its all in fun. Yea, boring day at work. I get to go around and measure more Hardee's next week . But it's easy over-time work.
CHILDREN no need to fight were its just a matter of samantics. But really not sure my stepmom said there about 40 min from dothan and about 40 min from Panama city so somewhere around there.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kavslayer
CHILDREN no need to fight were its just a matter of samantics. But really not sure my stepmom said there about 40 min from dothan and about 40 min from Panama city so somewhere around there.

lol man its all in fun. We like to Hi-Jack threads around here...Where are the rest of the Southeast Bama people that are on here anyways? I know they aren't doing anything useful b/c its Friday...
Old 06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by idrivefast22
lol man its all in fun. We like to Hi-Jack threads around here...Where are the rest of the Southeast Bama people that are on here anyways? I know they aren't doing anything useful b/c its Friday...
Yeah I know man giving ya ****. I was talking to my stepmom earlier today and she said theres a GM/Pontiac dealer that does custom painting.(I believe in enterprise) But shes gunna ask about pricing a color change to SOM. I'm guessing for a good job it will be over 3 grand. But shes also gunna see how much it is just for NBM redone. Update on to wht im doing though. I am most likel going to buy a 402 Shortblock and all supportings parts that I can't pull of my LS1. So I'll have to look around for shops that can do that. I'm gunna have her give that Pilcher auto a call and see what they would charge to do the swap(if they can)
Old 06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Yea thread hi-jacking is fun... too bad some always has to come and bring it back on topic....

I have no clue what stealership you are talkin about around here to do custom painting. There are several good shops around but I dunno about the ones at the chevy or pontiac places. I cut out the middle man and we did my paint ourself
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

Yea thread hi-jacking is fun... too bad some always has to come and bring it back on topic....

I have no clue what stealership you are talkin about around here to do custom painting. There are several good shops around but I dunno about the ones at the chevy or pontiac places. I cut out the middle man and we did my paint ourself
Not sure what dealer it is. I didn't really ask to much about it cause she said that she would pay to get the car repainted. I would love to learn how to paint but I nor anyone I know has the knowledged, equipment, or place to do it so it kinda has to be done by a middleman, The same goes for doing the 402 swap
Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Man, I always thought Enterprise was a pretty boring town! I go there at least once a year to visit my parents! Hate the drive....too long! And each time a go I never seem to see any fbodies! My sister graduated from Enterprise last year, and can't wait to get the hell out of there!

Last edited by little Red Camaro; 06-09-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by little Red Camaro
And each time a go I never seem to see any fbodies! My sister graduated from Enterprise last year, and can't wait to get the hell out of there!
As we've discussed in other threads, no one around here ever does anything car wise. But then someone pointed out thats impossible because there's rarely a time when everyone's car is running at the same time!

Enterprise isnt a bad town. Its changed a lot in the past few months. Class of 06 huh? Who's your sister? I graduated from there in 04.

Quick Reply: Engine Shops around Dothan, AL