Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Antenna Help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Power Antenna Help.

Well I got in the car a couple of days ago, aerial went up, thne hear a bang, it was the aerial it went up and ejected itself out of the body.

Well I took the aerial apart and tried to fix it, but I tihnk long term I should buy a new one.

Where can I get one from? Does anyone know? I would prefer to get the exact one for the car, if i go to a local audio/car store they will sell me a generic one which I wont know if it will work with the wiring of the car.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just found on on eBay for $105, does that seem a resonable price? I was expecting half that price. They probably wont ship to England anyway, so I'm still open for suggestions...
Old 06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
Just found on on eBay for $105, does that seem a resonable price? I was expecting half that price. They probably wont ship to England anyway, so I'm still open for suggestions...
I just sent you a link to the one I bought on ebay 2 weeks ago for the same price. It is a factory GM AC Delco replacement with 2 year warranty. Not sure about the shipping to New England, but you could check.

If you get this part from the dealership it is much higher, but I think www.gmpartsdirect.com has it for about $75 plus shipping, but it is considered a special order item and there are NO returns. Just go to their site and enter the GM Part# 10402860.

IMO it's not worth the hassle of trying to fix the old one. Hope this helps.