PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuner questions..

Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hp tuner questions..

Just ordered hptuner the better one so can log my wideband and stuff for my twin turbo project.
Wondering does hp tuners have two step or stutterbox launch capability?Does it have antilag? Does it control nitrous like window switch options. ?
My 97 talon software can do all this stuff so was hoping hptuners can.I guess if it can't then it could mabye be added to it later. I see it can do speed density .The two step is a really usefull thing to have with stick turbo car. Antilag is more useful on big turbo small engine cars to help them spool up and leave the line with big boost.
Oh also have no lift to shift on my talon software another great feature.
And can make the check engine light a knock light or lots of other lights.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Just ordered hptuner the better one so can log my wideband and stuff for my twin turbo project.
Wondering does hp tuners have two step or stutterbox launch capability?Does it have antilag? Does it control nitrous like window switch options. ?
My 97 talon software can do all this stuff so was hoping hptuners can.I guess if it can't then it could mabye be added to it later. I see it can do speed density .The two step is a really usefull thing to have with stick turbo car. Antilag is more useful on big turbo small engine cars to help them spool up and leave the line with big boost.

HPTuners cant do most of that stuff you mentioned. I know for sure it cant do 2-Step and window switch. As for antilag and no lift to shift, I think its pretty safe to say no.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A4 or M6

Old 06-08-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

m6 currently. I would hope they at least add the two step that should be easy and so would nitrous window switch stuff. Anitlag is not needed too bad on the v8s but could be handy for guys running the really big snails.
They can always update the software so you never know. Guess enough turbo guys just need to keep asking for it to make it happen.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of the box , no two step (though if M6 I've never played with the limiter tables)
Nitrous window switch: Yes, you can use the outputs to control a relay, the outputs are ground signals that are customizable via boolean statements (RPM > 3000 AND RPM < 6000 AND TPS = 100% AND KR=0 )

Dunno about anti lag, not familiar with that, outta the box though, it can't, you would need to use triggers (above) to activate your own circuit
Old 06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

m6 currently. I would hope they at least add the two step that should be easy and so would nitrous window switch stuff. Anitlag is not needed too bad on the v8s but could be handy for guys running the really big snails.
They can always update the software so you never know. Guess enough turbo guys just need to keep asking for it to make it happen.
Nitrous window switch... you can use the outputs pretty easily , just need to define the rules and have a relay that's ground activated provide power to the rest of the system

Two-Step ... using the factory GM code not sure how well this would work... w/an M6 car I think you can have 2 rev limiters, 1 for in gear and one for neutral/park ... you'd have to use these 2 for a 2 step ... however... GMs method of a rev limiter (cutting fuel I believe) isn't something you'd want to use....

To cut spark and fuel it'd have to be a custom OS I think... it's doable... but they need to have a cost benefit analysis for design of a new custom OS
Old 06-09-2007, 01:40 AM
9 Second Club

BS3 hs a 2 step and more features to it but you gotta spend 2500 for one of those

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hp tuner questions..