Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock Swaybar and a Moser...problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stock Swaybar and a Moser...problem

So, two weeks ago I had a Moser 12-bolt with the performance cover installed, along with a BMR adjustable torque arm and 3.5" aluminum driveshaft. I got a kit from BMR to install the stock 19mm rear swaybar on, but they sent the wrong sized clamps (clamps for the stock rear) so the shop had to buy the proper sized clamps. I drove the car for about a week and a half then brought it back in to get some "sounds" taken care of, mostly rattling and vibrations.

There were a few problems they found, including the torque arm rubbing on the tunnel, but the big problem that was discovered was that the rear swaybar was rubbing against the Moser cover right, specifically directly on the drain plug. It completely ground down the drain plug to the point where it was leaking fluid out of the rear. Luckily, no real damage was done to the rear itself, save some scrape marks. The plug and fluid had to be replaced, costing me $17.XX, so I guess I made out alright.

As for the torque arm, they didn't cut it and use the inside bolts because they didn't want to "weaken" it. Instead, they pushed out the tunnel quite a bit in the main spot where it was rubbing, so I will run a few tests to see if it is still hitting (I wasn't getting much noise on the drive last night when I got it back, so let's hope...). I'll keep you posted.

***On a side note, we noticed a little bit of fluid dripping down from the yoke area of the rear, so I need to keep an eye on that to make sure I am not having a problem. There is also a little bit of liquid (greasy, oily looking, but possibly tranny fluid???) up near the tailshaft of the tranny on the bottom of the car. Need to check that out some more. Haven't noticed a leak in the driveway under either spot after letting it sit, but will check again today. Hopefully it's just left over fluid from all the work...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah interesting... when I did my moser 12 bolt I just used two 3" muffler clamps for the stock sway bar. Worked perfect. Sorry to hear about that tho.