Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of headers should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of headers should i get?

i wanna spend no more then 500 bucks on a set of headers. i wanna keep the stock cats and i want it to pass emissions. i want long tubes and i wanna gain as much power as possible. What should i get and how much horsepower will i gain considering i only have a lid/exhaust.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AlexVette505
i wanna spend no more then 500 bucks on a set of headers. i wanna keep the stock cats and i want it to pass emissions. i want long tubes and i wanna gain as much power as possible. What should i get and how much horsepower will i gain considering i only have a lid/exhaust.
All that for under 500 isn't realistic. I would say for max power go for a set of LTs...but then u need custom work to have ur stock cats welded in.

The other option would be to get a catted Y pipe..but those alone cost $400.

My advice is avoid anything other than stainless steel..save ur money and go for something good.

Personally I have American Racing Headers with a 3" ORY and i couldnt be more satisfied. Others would say ARH or Kooks as the two best stainless steel headers. I did some research and chose ARH, they're just better in every aspect.

g'luck in ur research.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant do longtubes and keep stock cats. you need to use our wonderful search function and research all this before posting up. this gets asked almost everyday
Old 06-08-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

READ https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/520845-mod-guide-induction-exhaust-please-read-before-posting.html