Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with map sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with map sensor

I'm using HP Tuners on my LS1 swapped 240sx and I'm running it in speed density. My problem is that it seems like my map sensor isn't reading for some reason. The car has a magic stick 4 cam so I know that it will pull less vacuum than normal, but the vcm scanner screen is showing 92kpa at all times. when the key is turned on 92kpa. when its running its 92kpa. if i rev it then it still says 92kpa. Anybody ever had this problem. Its a brand new map sensor so i know its good. I have also adjusted the map min/max error so that it doesn't throw the p0106 code. I also checked the sensor for 5volt power and for ground and there is nothing wrong there.This problem just doesn't make sense to me, but I do know that there is no way i can tune it with the map sensor acting this way. If anybody has any tips please share them.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

bump for the same problem..! mine constantly reads 77kpa.. brand new sensor too!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:25 AM
TECH Junkie

For grins, have you checked in the diagnostic tables to ensure the MAP tests are enabled?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
For grins, have you checked in the diagnostic tables to ensure the MAP tests are enabled?
That shoudnt cause this,

By any chance are you on a 2 bar tune, or is it a 2 bar sensor?

If its a 1 bar map, and a 1 bar tune, id start checking the pids you are using to log MAP

Quick Reply: Problem with map sensor