Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best HID's for an LS1 T/A?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best HID's for an LS1 T/A?

I did a lot of research on the subject a few years ago but then I lost the "funds" for the HID project for my Trans Am. I have begun researching again on the subject since I have excess funds now to blow on my car. I saw that there was a sponsor, LEDGauges.com, selling a reasonably priced kit. I'm really considering ordering a kit from him.

I just wanted to know if anyone has ordered a kit from him and if they were satisfied? What other sponsors/companies manufacture kits for LS1 T/A's?

My mom has a BMW X5, and I really love the HID's on there, anyone know which kit would be most similar to the color/intensity of a BMW HID kit?

TIA
Old 06-09-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Two things,

1. HIDs belong in a HID projector housing
2. You must custom make for your Firebird.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check out the sticky for some info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/710357-lighting-faq.html
Old 06-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned

I'm working on a projector project for my T/A too! You live pretty close to me, if you want any help give me a shout. Projectors should be the only way to go. There are a ton of options, just depends on the money you want to spend. Don't buy that conversion from ledgauges. You'll blind the **** out of people.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
I'm working on a projector project for my T/A too! You live pretty close to me, if you want any help give me a shout. Projectors should be the only way to go. There are a ton of options, just depends on the money you want to spend. Don't buy that conversion from ledgauges. You'll blind the **** out of people.
hey I have a few questions about that, do you have AIM?
How far along are you on your project? I'm still gathering information for it. I had a lot of research done a few yrs ago but I'm sure things have changed since then (prices, equipment, availability, etc.). I'm basically starting from scratch again but money is no object this time around. I really want something that matches the HID kit on my mom's X5.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Launching!

i bought a kit off ebay. it works great,i've had it for about a year. i don't have projectors and they look great. search for infinitereality's right up about it.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:08 PM

As long as you aim our kits you are fine. If you want to do a projector retro do a search, there are a few good posts on here about it. If you really want to do a retro TSX's work great but you would have to seal them. Otherwise hella makes some nice sealed projector housings with replacement bulbs that you can put HID's in.
-Nathan
Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the HID Kit from Nathan and they work great. As long as you spend some time adjusting the aim, you will be fine. I just installed a set of HID's on a 2000 Corvette with no problem either.

Quick Reply: Best HID's for an LS1 T/A?