Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sound deadning? Home Depot? Fenders? CONFUSED!

Old 06-09-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound deadning? Home Depot? Fenders? CONFUSED!

Alright I am currently sound deadning my car, As I type I am using edead v2 to do the whole inside of the car. People have been talking about some crap they get at Home Depot that they aslo use.. What is it? And I am not putting my spare tire back in nor the jack, WHat Do I use to put in this dead space? Help Please.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Peel and seal. It is used on roofs and can be found at most major hardware stores under different names. Lowes had it for about $1.23 per sq ft when I last checked. Fwiw I've seen edead v1 for $.80 per sq ft ( I think you have to join their forum to get a discount).
I was going to go this route until I found that edead v1 was cheaper.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy crap its cheap as ***** on ebay.. how does it compare to dynomat? i really wanna lower the road noise and extremely loud exhaust noise in my car.. i really dont mind the noise to to much but its mostly for the ladies lol.. the only time the noise really gets to me is on long rides (Lt's ory and LMII on a A4 with 3.73's) does get a little annoying for 3 hours strait

EDIT: i think im gonna go ***** to the wall and V3 the entire inside from firewall to tail panel, then do v1 over that including doors.. this thing should sound quieter inside then a honda

Last edited by presto_z; 06-11-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1631088
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by presto_z
holy crap its cheap as ***** on ebay.. how does it compare to dynomat? i really wanna lower the road noise and extremely loud exhaust noise in my car.. i really dont mind the noise to to much but its mostly for the ladies lol.. the only time the noise really gets to me is on long rides (Lt's ory and LMII on a A4 with 3.73's) does get a little annoying for 3 hours strait

EDIT: i think im gonna go ***** to the wall and V3 the entire inside from firewall to tail panel, then do v1 over that including doors.. this thing should sound quieter inside then a honda
I'd go with Second Skin or RAAMat instead of eDead. Those two are a much better product. Dynamat extreme also works well, but I think it is the most expensive stuff.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

how much of a diffrence would doing all 3 of the edead products make on the roadnoise and exaust noise inside of the car

Search this Thread