Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

OPERATION: total recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OPERATION: total recall

well lately ive been not keeping up on my car as much as i use to or would like to, the paint is nearly 8 years old and showing some signs or wear.. i have a few torque dings and a couple of minor scratches and rock chips and ive decided to go a totally diffrent route..

right now my car is bright red and the cops really love me around town

ive already decided im going in a totally different direction.. im going to be removing the ground effects, adding on a ss spoiler and im still debating on whether or not i will be keeping my ultra z hood or if ill make the switch to sunoco (prolly keep the ultra z since they are discontinued) i will be painting the berger panel and rebadging the entire car and i plan on gettin rid of my halos and doing some whistlers with my stockers..

i like the z06 wheels but may do something else instead (i wanna keep my wheels chrome.. im not a big fan of black or painted wheels)

my biggest issue is paint color, i wanna get rid of the red i have, maybe a different red but more likely a different color all together..

feel free to give me some paint ideas.. i wanna do something nice and clean, im not really looking for flash, so im gonna stay away from oranges and yellows, red is really pushing it and if i do keep a red it will be darker then what i currently have..

no white im not a big white car fan and im in florida so black is iffy (hot as fawk)

OHH: and i don't plan on any flames or custom paint but if you want you can still post some pics.. although i might get some sort of stripes but still dunno..

luckily ive been working like crazy and have some doe to get this project started sooner rather then later
Old 06-10-2007, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

To be honest I love red f-bodies, BOTH of my roommates have Camaros. One is a 1998 V6 W68 car with ground FX and what not, in bright red. The other is Brian (bmcrary) on here and his car is Maroon, not sure what the technical name is.

Point is I like my roommate's bright red but there's something about the deep metallic flake Maroon that I absolutely love. When it's cleaned up and shinin...it's

BTW his car is a 1994 Z28 with right over 100k on the original paint job. (I taught him everything I know )

Here's a picture: Same color, different sunlight hitting it.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tbird31
To be honest I love red f-bodies, BOTH of my roommates have Camaros. One is a 1998 V6 W68 car with ground FX and what not, in bright red. The other is Brian (bmcrary) on here and his car is Maroon, not sure what the technical name is.

Point is I like my roommate's bright red but there's something about the deep metallic flake Maroon that I absolutely love. When it's cleaned up and shinin...it's

Here's a picture: Same color, different sunlight hitting it.

That color is Patriot Red Metallic. My 94 Z28 was that color too... it's actually a REALLY REALLY nice color when it's clean and the paint is in good condition, as evidenced by those pics.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i go red i might go the red/maroon color of the new vettes.. chrystler has a nice red on some of their 300's
Old 06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

What about a really dark red almost black, black cherry or blood red?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You already said no on the white, I was thinking white with red stripes.

But consider medium blue metallic.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

well a few things have came up and it looks like i may be doing a turbo kit instead, so this will have to wait.. but it is worth the sacrifice
Old 06-15-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Trying to copy me eh?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Go to your local paint supply store and start digging through paint samples. Also you might go to a few car dealerships and check out some of the new colors. I was a painter for a awhile and still to this day my favorite reds are: Boyd red, 07 viper red(thinks is called blood red) and 07 VW red all by dupont. Be sure to look at the samples in the sun.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

That new Venom Red Metallic on the '08 Vipers (there is no '07 Viper) is a gorgeous color. They had one at NAIAS this year and it really is a beautiful color with a little bit of metallic flake in it.

Nick
Old 07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by presto_z
well a few things have came up and it looks like i may be doing a turbo kit instead, so this will have to wait.. but it is worth the sacrifice

well i finally bought it and its sitting in a spare room

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/746837-project-turbo_z.html

i also changed the name from "operation total recall" to "project turbo_z"

i like making up cool sounding names for projects or mods..
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What/where are torque dings again? I remember reading about them a few years back, but forgot where to look for them and such.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are on the rear quarter panels and are caused by the body slightly twisting under fast acceleration, being jacked up un evenly, or parking on an uneven surface.. they are often mistaken for door dings..

subframe connectors will help prevent them.. they tie together the front and rear subfames and eliminate nearly all chassis flex/twist