Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk manifolds facing forward with C5 accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trunk manifolds facing forward with C5 accessories?

Has anyone tried this combination? My 6.0 truck manifolds are hitting the C5 power steering/alternator bracket. I am not sure if the manifold is slightly warped or not. I'm wanting to know if anyone else has had fitment issues with this setup.

I would post in the Forced Induction section, but most of the truck manifold turbo setups are F-Bodies and use a different accessory drive.

Is my manifold warped or is this not a compatible combo? Was going to try 6.0 shorty headers to see if they give more clearance.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Regular

I couldn't find one ready made exhaust manifold that would fit, i tried them all, f body,ctsv,truck, shock towers were an issue, didn't try any truck headers or pre made custom headers, gave up and made some. this is for a ty??
Old 06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

I'm assuming that you're running the passenger side manifold on the driver's side, facing forward and down, right?

The manifold might be warped, but it's not likely to be warped by much, cast iron is fairly stable. I would doubt that one of those manifolds would move by more than 1/4" at the flange from where the factory intended.

Sparkwire makes a good point, the shock towers don't clear by much. I've got a set of f-body manifolds on my truck (normally aspirated) and I had to modify the pass side manifold to clear the pass side shock tower (there used to be an air injection bung right where the shock tower is located).

Sorry, but I can't say that the C5 / C6 accessories work or don't work with flipped truck manifolds, just don't know.

'JustDreamin'

Quick Reply: Trunk manifolds facing forward with C5 accessories?