General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I think I blown a Head gaskett. What do you guy's think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think I blown a Head gaskett. What do you guy's think?

My car has been loosing coolant lately. I noticed that the top of my PCV breather has more condensation on it now and does not burn off the water any longer, even though the engine is warmed up. The condensation looks like a milk shake color. I don't smell any coolant when It's running and it seems to run fine with no overheating. My car has ARP head bolts, AFR heads and stock GM graphite gaskets. Do you guy's think It's a head Gasket?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a leakdown test....
Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
My car has been loosing coolant lately. I noticed that the top of my PCV breather has more condensation on it now and does not burn off the water any longer, even though the engine is warmed up. The condensation looks like a milk shake color. I don't smell any coolant when It's running and it seems to run fine with no overheating. My car has ARP head bolts, AFR heads and stock GM graphite gaskets. Do you guy's think It's a head Gasket?
Do a coolant pressure test, if its blown head gasket that coolant is leaking through, the coolant will fill up the cylinder(s) near the blown part of the gasket. Just have to take all your plugs out to see if coolant is going into any cylinders. And don't try to start the engine unless you checked each cyliner to see if any filled with coolant. You have to get it out first or you can ruin the engine, hydralock.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guy's, I think I am just going to rip off the heads and take a look at everything. I have been spraying this engine for a year and a half and am curious what every thing looks like. I debating if I should just bite the bullet and buy an all forged 418.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
I debating if I should just bite the bullet and buy an all forged 418.
That will certainly fix your problem

Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a laser thermo gun and aim it at each primary for each cylinder if coolant is getting in there it should kill the plug or do somthing to it. I found out which cylinder it was when my car was running b/c the #2 primary was about 200 degrees cooler After you do that yank the plug out on the cylinder(s) you think i tmight be
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replys everyone.