Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Why does my car lean to the passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my car lean to the passenger side?

I just installed strano springs on all four corners, and KYB AGX in the front. Now my car leans to the right front. I haven't taken any measurements but the right front sits about 1/2 to 3/4 inch lower than the left front. In the rear, the back right sits a little lower than the driver side rear. Its almost like the whole car is nose diving on the right front.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, because I am really picking and this is bugging the hell out of me.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

nothing to worry about. all our cars lean, if u search "lean" u will find it. when i bought my car, my passenger side was 1.5 inches lower than the driver side, i changed the springs and shocks and it got better but the lean was still there. i just as picky as u and it pissed the **** out of me, but u have to learn to live with it.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
9 Second Club

Dang I thought Mine was the only one!SWEET!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Good so I am not the only one. Thanks I feel a little better now. But does anyone know why it leans? It is hard to believe it came from the factory that way.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine is 1" higher on the drivers side than pass side
Old 06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

thats awesome! I too thought i was the only one. at first i was like oh, sagging spring or something, but reading from the general concensus that these cars lean takes a load off my chest!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

i've got a 1/2 inch drop on my passenger side. luckily my home parking spot is on a bit of a hill so i can tell myself it's alright and it's not really a lean lol
Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Mine has a slight lean in the rear, but I haven't checked the front. I would think that the added weight of the battery, A/C junk, and spare tire would have an effect on the passenger side. I guess-timate about a 0.25 of an inch in the rear because of the spare if you have Strano springs and Koni S/A's, but that's a guess since the springs are 100/150 lbs/in, and I assume the spare equip is about 25 lbs. As for the front, the battery is what, around 40 lbs for an Optima, maybe 50 to 60 for others, plus the A/C equipment (whatever that weighs) are we're looking at 0.25 to .5 inches there, with the 550lbs/in Strano springs and Koni S/A's in front. Rough estimates, I only did rough math for the front, and only measured my passenger rear because of minor rubbing on some northern roads.

Could be that GM's compensating for the weight of the driver, any thoughts?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

rotate the rear springs until they have the coil ends in the same position. rotating the springs will move the rear up/down. play with the positioning until it is even.

Quick Reply: Why does my car lean to the passenger side?