Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from rear ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise from rear ...

ok i recently posted a thread asking about a popping kind of noise from my rear end area..happened when in reverse, more so if the tires were turned..ok well the noise is heard really well from the drvr side tire area and u can hear it from the pass side also...sounds almost like a rubbing ish kinda sound. kinda metal to metal sound...well until recently i only heard in reverse but today i heard it while in forward with the tires turned...it also seems that the sound is alot louder while kinda holding the brake in.....i took it to a shop and they think it possibly could be low on fluid, something to do with brakes,,or maybe a bad bearing.....does anybody have suggestions...my car goes in the local paper tomorrow to be sold and i just want to make sure i can get it fixed..PLEase Help
Old 06-11-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Pull the rear cover off, I would wonder if the differential is messed up.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

I had a 94 T/A with the same problem, when I turned my wheels and everything just like you described. Turns out it was low on fluid, thus meaning that the posi rear additive was low as well. Replace your fluid and be sure to put in the posi rear additive, and it should take care of it!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Default >>>

thanks for the help....changed the fluid and all is fine now..no noise
Old 06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Hey no problem man! Just keep asking questions, that's a good way to learn things. I'm not the smarterst by no means, but the guys on this site are most likely smarter than the average mechanic, when it comes to these vehicles that is!