Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon problems

Old 06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon problems

Any Ideas? My rear sail panel and left side door speakers went out on my 02 TA, which I guess is a common occurance on these systems. I replaced the sail speakers with 2 new OEMs, same results. There's sound, but it's distorted and very low volume. I then replaced the amp with another one (used not new), no change. I read in the stickies that the amp powers these speakers, not the HU. I checked the new sails with a 9V battery and they're ok. The passenger side works fine except for the sail speaker. Could it still be the amp, or is there something else I missed. Lost
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What amp do you have them powered off of now and how do you have it wired?

EDIT: oh another OEM one?....did you really replace the amp? ...that's strange if you're getting the same results..

Last edited by fredmr39; 06-11-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

**** em...and put some aftermarket ones in
Old 06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Right now the second amp I bought off e-bay is in there(used). The wiring is all OEM, I haven't changed any wiring. I used the original amp plug for the second amp. Running out of ideas.
Yeah, you're probably right. I should just pull the whole system, replace it and quite screwing around with it.

Search this Thread