Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Chrome CME?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome CME?

I have the CME exhaust on my car and it just keeps getting dirty and i have to then clean it and polish it like crazy. but i wanted to know if anyones ever tried to chrome it or polish it to a really good shine. I think its aluminum though so im not sure about the chroming. I know it looks good stock but im looking for a way to keep it looking good, and maybe even better. Any ideas?

btw the car is completely stock other then 15% tint, and a front grill, and a shorter antenna.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Here's some tips on cleaning them... https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=polish
Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea you really dont want to chrome them i was going to do the same then i realized if it gets to hot or so on the chrome will turn like the side pipes on Harley's ...hey toofazt it say electric sander??? what paper do you use??? and specific type of sander or just ur basic square electric sander??
Old 06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CULATR
yea you really dont want to chrome them i was going to do the same then i realized if it gets to hot or so on the chrome will turn like the side pipes on Harley's ...hey toofazt it say electric sander??? what paper do you use??? and specific type of sander or just ur basic square electric sander??
I think I started at 220 and worked my way up to 1000. I used your basic square sander
Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Launching!

ima try the sander idea next, i did some of it today then polished the stainless pipes. next im going to see how shinny i can make the muffler and everything else under the car. But i dont think it will get that hot back there, especially since i got a cut out now.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

I had a set of mecham 7.5 oval tips that i had gotten chrome plated and never had any issues with them.. my car was not a DD though.

Quick Reply: Chrome CME?