Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP FloPac ??

Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP FloPac ??

Here is the Quote from SLP site;

"New from SLP, the "FlowPac™" combines our Cold-Air Induction Kit, High-Flow Air-Box Lid, F-Body Smooth Bellows, and Blackwing™ Air Filter to create a single, jointly engineered package worth up to 20 horsepower over stock."

Yet every site I search through online says;

"New from SLP, the "FlowPac" combines our Cold-Air Induction Kit, High-Flow Air-Box Lid, F-Body Smooth Bellows, and K&N Air Filter to create a single, jointly engineered package worth up to 25 horsepower over stock."

So where's all these cool Blackwing Filters going??? Haha I'd rather have the Blackwing just for the color in case I decide to go with a Clear MTI lid in the future, but appears speed shops are taking out the Blackwings and putting in K & N's?

Or did something just change recently with SLP kits?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sticky is your friend:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/520845-mod-guide-induction-exhaust-please-read-before-posting.html
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get a lid, and don't worry about getting a bellow. I think the bellow is just for looks any way. You might could look into getting something like a SSRA system. The lid is your main restriction right now.

They stopped making the Blackwing lid a few years back.........I don't think that they make the filters any more either.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Teching In

I'm not really concerned about the bellow whatsoever, but was interested in the Cold Air portion of the kit. I've seen the Volant, but I still have the stock hood on my '02 Z-28, and I can see where the fresh air would tunnel in with the slp kit, but unsure how the volant would draw any more air from the same spot. Searched and was looking for some detailed pics of stock '02 Z-28 Hood and Volant combo's.

I like the look of the MTI clear lids, but would like to go with a blue filter since I will eventually be running a blue theme under the hood. ( Catch Can, strut tower brace, Spark Plug wires, etc. I like the Holley to fit that bill, but have not found anywhere to buy Holley's version of the filter charging/cleaning kit.

So I will probably buy the cold air induction seperately and snag an MTI lid and Holley Filter. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Rich
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My flow pac came with the blueblack wing filter, got it back in jan, it is nice lol
Old 06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned

if you go on SLP's website then you can see that they even have K&N air filters with the flow-pac.

your location... SE WI .... does that stand for southeast wisconsin?? if so, then give the guys at SpeedInc a call. they stock flowpacks.... they might even be able to hook you up with the air filter that you want.

847-891-0767 www.ls1speed.com
Old 06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

I think the Amsoil filters are blue. I think a MTI lid along with the SSRA would be a nice setup.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

just clean the k and n filter really good using pj one foam air filter cleaner, and use blue oil that is it, the k and n is white/greyish like all the others, the oil is what makes it red
Old 06-14-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

Problem solved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP FloPac ??