Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Intake with NW TB. what ECM is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Intake with NW TB. what ECM is needed?

According to speartech i can't use a factory ecm because i went to a cable drive TB.

Which ecm and harness do you recommend.?

Thanks,

Rich
Old 06-12-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

What ECM do you have? You just need one from a cable throttle car, like LS1 F-body or '04 GTO. Whatever ECM you go with make sure the coil packs are made for that version. There are several coil packs available, all with the same connection, but the wires are different and the ECM could send them the wrong signals; the ECM also won't be able to read a tach signal.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Teching In

I don't have any electronics or harness yet.

I thought about BS3, or FAST XFI. Would either of these solve this issue?

Rich
Old 06-13-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I couldn't tell you.

I had a harness made for the ECM and coils I bought, and the signals were still jacked up. The easiest way would be to get an ECM and coils from the same (type of) car and then have a harnes made, or pull the stock harness from a car.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a10beav
What ECM do you have? You just need one from a cable throttle car, like LS1 F-body or '04 GTO. Whatever ECM you go with make sure the coil packs are made for that version. There are several coil packs available, all with the same connection, but the wires are different and the ECM could send them the wrong signals; the ECM also won't be able to read a tach signal.
He's got an LS2, which won't work with the earlier cable TB compatible ECMs because the LS2 uses a 58x reluctor wheel.

A BS3 or FAST XFI will both work, although the FAST requires a second box to interface with the coil on plug ignition, while the BS3 is one box, which is one reason I chose the BS3. Another alternative is the programmable version of the Delphi MEFI4 - see msdfuelinjection.com