PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners question, Is there anything to be gained...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 AM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Tuners question, Is there anything to be gained...

By tuning the part throttle areas of the map?

I am new to HPT and have been using it so far with decent success. I have two areas I would like to improve upon, one being the part throttlw map and WOT map.

I did not get the WB option so the WOT map is out of the question until I get the headers and go for a tune then, but the part throttle map should still be able to be tweaked.

Who on here has done this and can guide me and maybe explain some of the faucets of the HPt program?
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can route your wideband's output back into some unused input like EGR, refrigerant level (AC), etc.... Easy on your 01 since it had no EGR to begin with.... Then you can log it in your scans like everything else without using their EIO.

Read the stickies for basic tuning how-to. Here's a tip as well: put your screen back in your MAF until you're ready to have it calibrated.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 PM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I need to update my profile...lol

I have a 2006 GTO now...

Side note as well, once you remove those screens they are for the most part destroyed almost everytime. I have never had any issue running without them in amy of my cars so I always pull them right off of the bat. I dont buy into the straightening the airflow thing. If you look at a wing or foil that also straightens airflow you will see at the end of the edge the air gets very turbulent, same thing I would assume happens on the MAF screen.

The screen is nothing more than a least restrictable as possible safety measure to keep debris in a worst case senario from enter the intake tract.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well whether or not you buy into it, a descreened MAF needs to be calibrated with software and a wideband; it ruins the factory's calibration table.

Hit the GTO forums and find out which input you can feed the wideband back through.