Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV routing question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV routing question

Does this sound like it will work?:

-plug the intake manifold port
-leave the TB to passengers side VC hose alone
-run a hose off the PCV to a fitting I installed on/in the oil filler cap to vent back into the VC
-leave the tubes that connect the driver and passengers side VCs together alone

I shouldn't have a leak problem but I wonder if this will allow for ventilation of the crankcase. I don't think it does since it is just recirculating from one side to the other. I get clean air from the TB but it doesn't go into the atmosphere or back into the intake track, so is this not going to be good for the motor, correct?...

I've tried a catchcan and still get a lot of oil into the intake that must be more vapor than anything, so I'm trying to get rid of my burning/consumption problem.

Thanks for your help
Old 06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Launching!

I would try the catch can again with the updated PCV that is used in the trucks and older Corvettes, it doesn't have the piece in the center of the valve it is holow and has just a tiny little hole so that oil can't get through easily. I have this with the catch can and I don't get anymore pinging with the cheaper gasoline, plus the throttle response seems better. The homemade catchcan (air compressor filter) plus PCV seems to do the trick real well. the newer valve helped alot, but the catchcan really made the difference. I don't remember the part no. of the corvette one, but its pretty cheap, I got it for 6 bucks from the dealership-but call around some wanted like 15 bucks.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the input.

I've tried that PCV too. It's the one with the small hole with no valve?

I'm considering putting the catchcan back on and putting a clear fuel filter cartridge just after it to hopefully collect the oil vapor. I was hoping this routing was going to work but I'm having second thoughts.

Anyone else?...