Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

All Florida forum members READ

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb All Florida forum members READ

Everyone needs to understand the site rules as there have been a lot of non-sponsor pimping in this section for quite some time now.

Do NOT post any links or contact info of a shop that is not listed as a sponsor for this site. Businesses pay their hard earned money to advertise here and when you post up competing businesses it is not fair to the sponsors.

Any future warnings will be short and to the point and there will be bans.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Eric. (that is your name right?)
Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, yes it is.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed and its been going on behind the sites back (PMs) too long. either man up and sponsor the site and tell your peeps to stop Epimping. i blame the shops as much as the nutswingers/
Old 06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

I just made a post about an exprience I had at a local shop and just stated the name of the shop, but no phone number, website, price, etc. just the name. Is that OK or do I need to edit the post?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by will82
I just made a post about an exprience I had at a local shop and just stated the name of the shop, but no phone number, website, price, etc. just the name. Is that OK or do I need to edit the post?
Here's the official site rule - No contact info for non-sponsors.

That's the "official" rule. Now before you post anything, ask yourself... if I owned a shop and sponsored the site how would I feel about this post?

Do the right thing.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Playing devils advocate a little, please do not get upset as I intend to follow the rules laid out. I thought the origin of the site was to share knowledge? If we are limited to sponsors how will I ever find what I'm looking for? For example, I need an lt1 tuner but do not want to use any of the Fl tuners. Am I unable to ask this question? Thanks for your patients with me Eric & John.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/703712-non-sponsor-soliciting-policy.html
Old 06-12-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Playing devils advocate a little, please do not get upset as I intend to follow the rules laid out. I thought the origin of the site was to share knowledge? If we are limited to sponsors how will I ever find what I'm looking for? For example, I need an lt1 tuner but do not want to use any of the Fl tuners. Am I unable to ask this question? Thanks for your patients with me Eric & John.
I think the difference is:

you are asking for a tuner to do your LT1, if someone pm'd you some information that doesnt seem like a breach of the rules. Especially since you didnt chose any of the sponsors or they none of them do LT1's or whatever.

Other people run around constantly pimping their **** in threads and via pm, and that is not ok.

In the end this site is a privately owned business, to be run whatever way the owners choose. And the owners are pretty damn smart and they cater to the people that pay the bills around here (ie the sponsors).
Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

i guess i am guilty of this for my HID post however it states in there that what i did which was offer to make him something for a few buck beer pizza is allowed and i had told him if he had the parts through pms i would do it for 20 bucks..

but i'm all for helping this site out and i won;t do it again i apologise for attributing to the need for this post..

Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

I want to apologize also for the old rev extreme post I dident mean to cause any harm or take any business fron the sponsers.
Sorry.....Roy.S.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by next
Here's the official site rule - No contact info for non-sponsors.

That's the "official" rule. Now before you post anything, ask yourself... if I owned a shop and sponsored the site how would I feel about this post?

Do the right thing.
Ok......well what if he was stating about a bad experience to stay away from the shop? I do agree that if I did own a shop and was a sponsor on here I would not like it if other shops were being mentioned that we not paying to advertise on here, but people do have the right to their own decision. Shouldn't it be the mods and admins jobs to edit and delete these post and throwing out the ban stick to people who break the rules?

Now what if someone PMs me to ask me about a Trans Am 3rd brake light mod and they ask me if I could do that for them? I don't own a business, I don't do it full time, I hardly make any profit off of it, and no sponsors offer the service....would I still get in trouble?

What about referring people to sites that offer services that none of our sponsors offer?

Anyways, you know what chaps my ***? When a mod or admin tells someone to stop bashing a sponsor even if the sponsor is shisty and offers crappy service to it's customers. Yes the sponsors pay the bills for the site and yes it is a privately owned site, but as a consumer I'd like to know about **** like that......even if the place is paying the bills for the site to stay up and running.

Sorry for being an *** but just like the other guy I'm being the devil's advocate.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks to those that understand.

97blkz - I think the response to your post was appropriate.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

sounds good to me....

like some members stated alot of guys like to post bad experience's about local shops....i know we have a few screwy one's in jacksonville, and ive noticed several new members from this area....id really hate to see these new guys not get important info on a bad business.

if thats against the rules, (which im not sure it is or not) thats kinda messed up....

i totally understand about pricing and contact info....but a shops name and experience, being posted by a member is done to help other members...should be ok

or am i totally off??
Old 06-13-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

There is nothing wrong with posting bad experiences, sponsor or not.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

just use common sense. its ok to share your experience with a product or sponsor/non sponsor as we are a community. but there is a HUGE difference b/w that and using this site to constantly Epimp a shop or a product. use your head. if the product or sponsor is so great and doing so well, why cant they pony a couple hundred bucks for massive exposure? probably b/c they arent that good.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
just use common sense. its ok to share your experience with a product or sponsor/non sponsor as we are a community. but there is a HUGE difference b/w that and using this site to constantly Epimp a shop or a product. use your head. if the product or sponsor is so great and doing so well, why cant they pony a couple hundred bucks for massive exposure? probably b/c they arent that good.

Or because they are a new shop that can't afford to yet.......I dont think that you should judge the quality of a shop or shop's just because they are not a sponser..............
Old 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

roy, i am not disrespecting you or your shop, but understand that we see so many "new" shops that go under for one reason or the other. this hurts the customer. what is the best thing is for shops that are reliable and stable. again not saying this is you. i am just saying sponsors are easier to find and held accountable for the most part. more so than non sponsors that have guys Epimp the shop and do it secretly via PMs.

again its a fairness issue and secondly a business decision.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

john when you coming up to jacksonville?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

John I know what you are saying and i agree 100% and soon as I can I will be a sponsor. and once again John I do apologize for starting any problems with any sponsors that was my last intention.

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
roy, i am not disrespecting you or your shop, but understand that we see so many "new" shops that go under for one reason or the other. this hurts the customer. what is the best thing is for shops that are reliable and stable. again not saying this is you. i am just saying sponsors are easier to find and held accountable for the most part. more so than non sponsors that have guys Epimp the shop and do it secretly via PMs.

again its a fairness issue and secondly a business decision.

Quick Reply: All Florida forum members READ