Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap adapter plate pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap adapter plate pics

Can anyone that swaped a LS based motor into a first gen camaro post pics of the engine bay. I am trying to decide which adapter plates to use. Please post pics of the engine placement and the headers you used with the mounts.
Thanks
Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

I started with Hooker plates, didn't like the lack of clearance, and switched to ATS style plates.

Here's an example of the Hooker clearance:

There's also an issue with Fbody alternator bracket clearance with the Hooker plates:

Here's an example of ATS clearance:

Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chevyguy20
Can anyone that swaped a LS based motor into a first gen camaro post pics of the engine bay. I am trying to decide which adapter plates to use. Please post pics of the engine placement and the headers you used with the mounts.
Thanks

The standard S&P plates will set your motor with about 2'' between firewall and rear of passenger head. BRP mounts will set it at about 4'' between firewall and rear of passenger head.

ChrisP
Old 06-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodder
I started with Hooker plates, didn't like the lack of clearance, and switched to ATS style plates.
Looking at the pictures I'd guess that the ATS plates moved the engine forward by close to 1". Can you post a picture of the pass. cylinder head to heater clearence with the ATS plates?
Ken
Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you move the frame mounts, You can have the engine in any location and distance from the firewall you want.
By using different combonation of engine mounts and frame mount and moving the frame mounts around, the engine will sit as far from the wall as you want and higher or lower depending on the engine mounts you use. Thickness of the plate or spacer will also move the engine up or down.

Quick Reply: Swap adapter plate pics