Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trans guage wont work....

Old 06-13-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans guage wont work....

I have a full sweep autometer guage for my trans and for some reason it started to flop back and forth and wont read the correct temp all the time. The light wont come on at all either I have made sure the wires are connected well but still nothing... does anyone have and idea on how to fix this? any help would be apprieciated.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the light is just a lightbulb. What style gauge did you buy? If it is one that takes a 194 in the back, then Ide say you either have a burnt bulb or bad wiring.

As for the flip flop of the gauge...check your power and ground connections REALLY well. Autometer gauges can also act alittle funny if you connect them to a power spot with other things. Same way with the ground. I have 10 gauges in my car. 9 of them are autometer. I have them all on their own little power circuit, and used big wire to hook them to ground. No problems. But the flip flop sounds to me like a bad connection somewhere...or a "dirty" power/ground solution.

Justin

Search this Thread