Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP front accessory kit part #?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default GMPP front accessory kit part #?

They list two of them in their catalog but do not go into any real depth. Soes anyone know which one is for the C5 vette accessories. They list one set as fitting ls1-ls6 but do not say which platform they are for. The other lists the ls2 6.0 and the 427. I was going to get them from gm parts direct but if you order the wrong one you are stuck with it. Thanks Chris
Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know this as well. What is the part # for c5
Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is not my place to say, I'm probably breaking a forum rule and not helping with the thread, but I personally would never again order from GMPD, they overcharge on shipping (they charge 30% less than dealer on parts, then 15% of the total part cost for shipping, netting you a 15% savings?!).

I found Brasington Cadillac in Gainesville, FL does online ordering and charges ~25% less than dealership (slight markup over GMPD), but the shipping is so freaking reasonable that it ends up costing 5-10% LESS than ordering from GMPD....plus you get to talk to real humans, you can even call them on the phone (try that with GMPD), it's quite nice! You just gotta remember that GMPD's prices *show* as being lower, but they suckerpunch you on the shipping, and you're really not saving that much.

Google for the word gmotors and you'll get to Brasington's site. I cannot recommend them enough after I personally got seriously screwed when GMPD sent me a ****-poor packed truck oil pan, it was DOA because of their shoddy packing, then they tried to blame it on FedEx, as if it was the shippers fault!

Good luck with the part numbers.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

I haven't dealt with GMPD, but their pricing is a bit deceptive, since the shipping costs are not actual cost, but actual cost plus their profit.

I've had good success with PartsZoneOnline, a GM dealer in PA that has prices that are close to GMPD (usually a small margin higher), but charges actual shipping costs, so your net cost is usually MUCH lower.

Sorry to threadjack. I don't have any useful information on the accessory drives.

'JustDreamin'
Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey guys, Scoggin Dickey Parts Center is THE place to get all your GM parts!! I've been preaching for ages now about GMPD's shipping charges! Check us out! We are one of GM's largest Performance Parts distributors for a reason! Alot of those other GM dealers you speak of buy from us! Our inventory is HUGE, our pricing is competitive, and we support/sponsor this board to boot! Did I mention that we charge you exactly what Fedex and UPS charge us to ship your parts! No hidden fees!

For the original poster about the accessory drive kit: you'll want to buy the LS1/6 package! All of its components were original equipment on the C5 Corvettes!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt @ SDPC
Hey guys, Scoggin Dickey Parts Center is THE place to get all your GM parts!! I've been preaching for ages now about GMPD's shipping charges! Check us out! We are one of GM's largest Performance Parts distributors for a reason! Alot of those other GM dealers you speak of buy from us! Our inventory is HUGE, our pricing is competitive, and we support/sponsor this board to boot! Did I mention that we charge you exactly what Fedex and UPS charge us to ship your parts! No hidden fees!

Very good service, highly recommend!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give SDPC a chance. They were great to deal with and I'm in Canada! My local dealers were insane on pricing.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Paceparts.com based out of NE Ohio is a great site as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt @ SDPC

For the original poster about the accessory drive kit: you'll want to buy the LS1/6 package! All of its components were original equipment on the C5 Corvettes!
I called Matt for head gaskets on a Tuesday and had them that Friday. You can't beat that and they are a sponcer too.

Quick Reply: GMPP front accessory kit part #?