Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*****Why QTP headers compared to others?*****

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default *****Why QTP headers compared to others?*****

Hi all. So I am looking at getting some long tube headers, for a C5, and had a question for ya, why are the QTP headers so popular here while the LG's and American Racing headers are so popular over on the Corvette Forum? I know several other brands are used here on LS1TECH but it seems from my reading posts that the QTP's are very popular. I have looked at QTP's information and like the 4-2-1 design, like my aftermarket sportbike exhaust, plus the quality is looks great. What I'm asking is why the preference compared to the others from above, you could through in Kooks too. So does it come down to output, highend HP, lowend Torque, sound, ease of installation, lack of needed tune or a combo of all?

Thanks in advance for your time and experiance,

Darion
Old 06-13-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

i went with qtp's because they are stainless so i don't have to worry about them rusting out. also, they are easy to install and fit well.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Yea the main thing is that they are stainless and a pretty decent price. The kooks are just outrageous, so that is why alot of people go with QTP's. I had them on my last trans am and plan on putting them on my new one.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

QTP's are the shiznit. I love mine because they fit great, they are stainless, and they look awesome. here is a link to what mine look like during the install and pic of the ground clearance.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/660417-qtp-qtp-ory-magnaflow-installed-pics-inside.html
Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onebadZ28
QTP's are the shiznit. I love mine because they fit great, they are stainless, and they look awesome. here is a link to what mine look like during the install and pic of the ground clearance.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660417
Thanks for the link and the reply. Looks like a real nice clean install. Looked into the price of the QTP system compared to LG and American Racing and for the C5 they are in the same neighborhood. F-bodies get a much better price than the C5's so price isn't a factor for me. How do these perform compared to the others, any dyno pulls out there?

Thanks again,

Darion
Old 06-13-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darion
Hi all. So I am looking at getting some long tube headers, for a C5, and had a question for ya, why are the QTP headers so popular here
Because this is an F-Body forum, mainly. I have QTPs because they are stainless and I got them used.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait. Looking at your other post... C5 and F-Body headers are different. Stop worrying so much about what we run and look to your 'Vette brethren.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you have a vette, get the LG headers.

I plan on either going with the QTP's or ARH's when it comes time to get them for the new motor. Given I had a vette, I wouldnt have a decision to make. It would be the LG Pro Long Tubes.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ARH are the new guys, and will be changing what people are claiming are "the best two" on this site. And paying top buck, dont mean your getting top power.

And USA made, you cant go wrong.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Wait. Looking at your other post... C5 and F-Body headers are different. Stop worrying so much about what we run and look to your 'Vette brethren.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Once again, I am the voice of change. I am running the QTP's on my Vette. I have had them since they first came out and they are a very nice header setup. They don't hang down at all, are easy to install, are stainless and provided a very nice hp boost. I think you will be happy with them. The big issue is no-one has ever done a side by side comparison of the headers so we will never know the real facts.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Teching In

VETTENUTS, thanks for the reply. Have read many of your posts on the CF so thanks for jumping in. Any idea how much HP and TQ you picked up with the header install?? Or even better did you get a 1/4 mile in before and after to compare too??

Thanks for your help,

Darion