Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air removal quick Q?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air removal quick Q?

(Read the sticky but still have Q's) Just got my block off plates so im gonna get rid of my AIR this weekend. I know to take out the air motor, lines, get a plug for my lid an use the block off plates. My Q is that air regulator thing on the drivers side at the back of the coil pack. How many bolts hold that in and after I take it out is that little line with the boot at the end gonna need to be pluged? So as far as removal what do I need to know about taking that regulator out? (its already been tuned out along with my rear 02's so im not worried about codes) Any info would help thanks.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need to plug that little line. Some people find a small screw and with some rtv plug it up that way.

What I did was to follow the down to the passangers side, where it connects to a T-fitting, that runs into the HVAC line & MAP sensor on back of the manifold.

I removed the T fitting, along with the now unused tube, and directly ran the HVAC line to the MAP sensor. One less place for a vacumm leak.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Teching In

i used the high tech golf tee and electrical tape method to plug the hole. works great.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Just lift the air regulator or space ship looking thing up off the bracket, I just used a small screw with some RTV black or blue dont use red, red sucks
Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just did it saturday it was real easy, theres only a couple things that I noticed. When I took the black plastic shield off the bottom to get to the air pump I had about 3 pounds of gravel up there. My passenger side air tube where it meets the header when I removed it I noticed it has been leaking since header install! But all and all it was a easy thing to do. The hardest past was getting my block off plates to seal I had to use GM gaskets and a little RTV to get them to fully seal. And I just used a thick wood screw with some RTV to plug the vac line. So if your thinking about doing this just do it, it cleans up the engine bay real nice. Tree huggers!!!!