Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, powerbond pulley will NOT go on straight!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, powerbond pulley will NOT go on straight!

This damn pulley has caused far more problems than I could realistically see it ever being worth. I snapped a bolt in the end of my crank trying to put it on. I got that out, and I got the actual Kent Moore tool GM uses to put these balancers on. I've got it on probably half way, and its not going on straight. Did I get a defective pulley or what?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As dumb as it sounds, put it in the oven at around 250 degrees for around 10 or 15 minutes and then take some oven mitts and slide it on the crank snout.... I swear to god it'll work. The cool thing is that it completely seats itself, and all you have to do is torque the crank bolt down and you're good to go
Old 06-14-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

2nd that, also while the pully is in the oven, ice the crank snout down and it will fully seat.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got it on, it sticks out farther than the stock one does, meaning how far it comes off the crank. I measured everything, and its seated right where it needs to be but there is a lip on the inside edge where the end of the crank is not flush with the inside of the balancer. This is on a C5 by the way. Thanks for the oven trick, while it wouldn't slide right on it was definitely easier!