Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Lid

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Which Lid

As I've been looking through the Forums time after time i keep reading "a lid is a lid is a lid is a lid." Yet I remember on a certain car magazine that i can not recall the name of or find at this moment got all current after market air lids and dyno'd them and then raced them on the track to see what gave the most performance and etc., essentially telling which lid is better. Since i can't find it, could someone please enlighten me. Also do these pulse plugs work?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

i saw the article your talkin about...the lid shootout. go to MTIs webpage and its there. since they won the shootout they posted it. they were all within 1-2 hp from one another anyway. so thats why you hear....A LID IS A LID IS A LID.

i bought an MTI lid ...not because of the article. but because i got it cheap used. and i like the way it looks the best.

http://www.motorsporttech.com/fbody_air_intake01.asp

heres the link
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Buy which ever is the cheapest!
Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

yes I've heard that to but if i remember correctly some gave horses on the dyno but didn't do jack squat on the track.... I think ill will start to look on Ebay to see if i can get one pretty cheap or not
Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

follow the link i posted for you. and then click the icon for the shootout page. and youll see the difference is little or none.

i bought the one i thought looked the best for my tastes, and i found it used.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

yea i believe I've mentally picked the MTI one. I have a hard time reading the small print it shows up on mine. My friend warned me to make sure it fit snuggly and didn't rub against the hood. How does yours do smallblockhero?