Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Finally got an apt in Gainesville

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got an apt in Gainesville

Well after two days of continuous searching, I am going to move into Museum Walk in early august. Anyone know much about these apts. They are paradigm as I found out 95% of all apts in gainesville are. Anyway I will be moving to Florida Agust 6th i am guessing. I have a roomate who is a girl who just graduated from ohio state btw, so I at least know one person down there.

Look for my car down there in August and say hi!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gainesville is a fun town to live in.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vhgjk123
Well after two days of continuous searching, I am going to move into Museum Walk in early august. Anyone know much about these apts. They are paradigm as I found out 95% of all apts in gainesville are. Anyway I will be moving to Florida Agust 6th i am guessing. I have a roomate who is a girl who just graduated from ohio state btw, so I at least know one person down there.

Look for my car down there in August and say hi!
I'll most likely see you at Ale House on a Thurs -- that's basically the only automotive things going on.

Museum Walk isn't bad at all, my only complaint is parking. There aren't many visitor spots, but you can't beat not having to drive onto campus. The scenery is nice -- as is basically anywhere in Gainesville. Just walk to the Park and Ride 2 bus stop and you'll be in the center of campus in about 15 minutes. The only complaint about Park and Ride 2 is it doesn't come as often as you'd like.. only about every 15 - 20 mins.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Launching!

The problem is I will be at the business school only since I am a grad student. Unfortunately thats on the opposite side of campus. I am thinking of buying a bicycle.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vhgjk123
The problem is I will be at the business school only since I am a grad student. Unfortunately thats on the opposite side of campus. I am thinking of buying a bicycle.
You can take the PnR 2 Bus to the Hub at McCarty Hall and its about a 5 minute walk to Warrington. The Bus is free with a Gator1.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Launching!

I know I can take the bus. I just hate relying on it. I never used it in undergrad cause I was able to walk everywhere. Who knows I may end up liking it especially on rainy days
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

gainesville is a very biker friendly town. almost all roads have bike lanes on them. so many ppl rely on bikes for their everyday transportation in gainesville.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i rode a bike for nearly two years while at UF. it was no big deal honestly looking back. b/w the bus and the bike, it was so much easier to get on campus versus fight for a parking spot way otu in the commuter lot.

Quick Reply: Finally got an apt in Gainesville