Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Ohio people going to Dragway 42 tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio people going to Dragway 42 tonight?

Me, Jim (Gimp98TNT), and Ray(KoolrayZ) are going to Dragway 42 tonight. I think I have most issues worked out with my car and going to try to dial in the suspension and see what I can get on the drag radials.
Anyone else plan on going tonight? If so look for a white ram air TA, a Silver TA witha black hood and a black SS all probally pitted together. Feel free to stop by and say hello.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

I promise I won't come tonight and ruin your fun I have other plans.

Too lazy to look but what does it cost to run and watch there these days?

Damn, all three of my top OHIO supporters in the same place and I can't go, crap. Just kidding don't flame me. Have fun good luck and no highway racing.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
I promise I won't come tonight and ruin your fun I have other plans.

Too lazy to look but what does it cost to run and watch there these days?

Damn, all three of my top OHIO supporters in the same place and I can't go, crap. Just kidding don't flame me. Have fun good luck and no highway racing.
Actually it really would make my night if you showed up! Its $10 to race $5 to watch.

Kinda of hard to highway race when the car is on a trailer!!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned

Nope, can't make it. Just a thought though did you clear your statement with your buddies before making your comment of me attending and making your night?

We'll be camping at Norwalk soon for the NHRA event, I hope. I think I am going to raise holly hell if the camping up there is as screwed up as it appears to be. National Trail and everywhere else is great. Why do people change things?

I've never received a ticket on the drag strip. Can't say the same about being captured dragging trailers up and down the Interstate. "But officer we are all racers. Our slowest car ran close to 150 mph. 80 something isn't fast!!" To add more insult sometimes it's a damn woman cop...

I haven't looked but in past years Kil Kare has hosted, something billed as, a Pontiac Nations. Are you aware of that?

We'll see if we can get together sometime. I can't believe what I am about to say. My image here is just about to be blown. I might even see it in me to throw a dog or something on the grill for you guys if you come my direction. I can't end my post this way, I need a insult. I'll bet Jake my dog can out eat you.

It is indeed sad hundreds of folks aren't posting they will at your track tonight. Drag racing is fun. Racers learn about their cars. Old farts are amazed when they gather each week, to drink beer, eat, and watch, everyone is still alive
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, can't make it. Just a thought though did you clear your statement with your buddies before making your comment of me attending and making your night?

We'll be camping at Norwalk soon for the NHRA event, I hope. I think I am going to raise holly hell if the camping up there is as screwed up as it appears to be. National Trail and everywhere else is great. Why do people change things?

I've never received a ticket on the drag strip. Can't say the same about being captured dragging trailers up and down the Interstate. "But officer we are all racers. Our slowest car ran close to 150 mph. 80 something isn't fast!!" To add more insult sometimes it's a damn woman cop...

I haven't looked but in past years Kil Kare has hosted, something billed as, a Pontiac Nations. Are you aware of that?

We'll see if we can get together sometime. I can't believe what I am about to say. My image here is just about to be blown. I might even see it in me to throw a dog or something on the grill for you guys if you come my direction. I can't end my post this way, I need a insult. I'll bet Jake my dog can out eat you.

It is indeed sad hundreds of folks aren't posting they will at your track tonight. Drag racing is fun. Racers learn about their cars. Old farts are amazed when they gather each week, to drink beer, eat, and watch, everyone is still alive
Jesus Christ. How many threads are you going to get locked? Are you going for a record? I can see this one going down hill just like the last.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned

My threads locked? On a normal day I would get pisssed at that. Perhaps it's the new drugs, still recovering from last night, who cares? I just found out, a 30 year old, I wanted to sell a truck to has a ZERO credit score. That fact hasn't set me off either.

New Lenox IL. Thats Chicago Land isn't it?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it was locked due to the hostility, which I have noticed in a lot of your posts. Yep, New Lenox is about 45 minutes south of Chicago. Why? Have you ever been here? Last time I checked this was the Midwestern Forum, an open forum. I know Ray (KoolRayz) so I came into this thread to see if he was going to the track to improve on his times. The last two threads I have seen with you in it have you being hostile. I was just giving a friendly heads up that you might want to cool down or this one was going ot get locked too. Take it as you may.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt D
Yeah it was locked due to the hostility, which I have noticed in a lot of your posts. Yep, New Lenox is about 45 minutes south of Chicago. Why? Have you ever been here? Last time I checked this was the Midwestern Forum, an open forum. I know Ray (KoolRayz) so I came into this thread to see if he was going to the track to improve on his times. The last two threads I have seen with you in it have you being hostile. I was just giving a friendly heads up that you might want to cool down or this one was going ot get locked too. Take it as you may.
lol I really hope my thread dosent get locked, I'm just trying to see who I can expect to see at the track tonight!!

Rays old *** ain't going faster unless he puts that cruise ship on a diet!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

Yes Sir been to New Lenox. Exited there to slip in the back way to the track close to you.

I have mood swings. Might be guilty of passing that to Jake. I've seen him lay on his back when a little kid came up to see him. Then when we go to the dog park rip into another dog, even dogs, because I touched them.

Your friend does sound like a bad kid, I'll quit there - thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

ill be there. Ray, you OLD **** you better show up.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

Yes Sir been to New Lenox. Exited there to slip in the back way to the track close to you.

I have mood swings. Might be guilty of passing that to Jake. I've seen him lay on his back when a little kid came up to see him. Then when we go to the dog park rip into another dog, even dogs, because I touched them.

Your friend does sound like a bad kid, I'll quit there - thanks

I was DYSLEXIC before it became popular. I was trying to say "Your friend DOESN'T sound like a bad kid".
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 AM
TECH Resident

Good night at the track, weather was awesome. For some of the haters out there i ran a 9.88, 9.76, and a 9.83 back to back to back. I was making changes every pass, otherwise ET's would problably been closer. I also cut a 1.34 60ft. and no wheelstand and subsiquent "money smoke". All this still on Pump gas and "little *****" jets. Car definatly has a Low 9/high 8 in it.

Thanks to all th guy that came out (OX, Wonderbread, Nick, even old man Ray).
Old 06-16-2007, 07:14 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim, Your car was smokin last night
The weather was perfect, the crowd was small and none of the ricers sprayed the track down with oil.
I ran the same little 75 shot jets I ran at norwalk monday of last week and had about the same results. 10.46@130 with a 1.48 60'
I know Jim Im going to man up and put a bigger jet in
maybe ill really suprise you and get some new rims lol
Old 06-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

Glad to hear everyone had fun. I've also notice attendance is down. I posted about that in the lounge. I think those comments were locked as well.

Won't drop any names but wife and I went to watch our God Son qualify in PTO last night. I would have made the trip to 42 had it not been for that.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

I got back into the 11's.... on motor this time. Still have some bugs to work out.

Jim car launching with that 1.34 60' was one of the most awsome things I have ever seen. Im going to need a set of those travel limiters Jim!!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what were your times Mr. Bread?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by you2slo
So what were your times Mr. Bread?
11.90's w/ high 1.6 60's. Im blowing through the trans pretty good, feels kinda sluggish down low. Need to work on more tuning, maybe even try another trans, well see.

Here are some pics:

Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy weight transfer Batman! Is that why your muffler tips aren't lined up?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

leo you need to get a pair of airbags for the rear of that thing. cheap and easy install. That thing is twisting like crazy.

Quick Reply: Ohio people going to Dragway 42 tonight?