Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinci Tuner Won't Work & Tune Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vinci Tuner Won't Work & Tune Needed

I have a problem, hopefully someone can help. I have Vinci handheld tuner that froze up about two months ago. When I plug it into the diagnostic port it will not do anything. I have replaced the fuse and the diagnostic port is getting power. I just installed a TSP 228R cam last weekend and I need to get the car tuned. The car is scheduled to go to Alan Futrall's next Saturday to get tuned. The problem is I do not know if the Vinci tune will be locked in the computer and if Allen will be able to tune the car. I have been calling Vinci but I always get the machine, I left a message but they haven't responded. I e-mailed them on Monday and they replied they were fowarding my e-mail to their tuner lab but I still haven't received a response. If anyone with tuning experience knows if the handheld tune is locked in the computer please help.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tuner is married to the PCM. it does not lock the PCM, so alan will be able to go in and tune your car. once done, you can still use the tuner to play around what alan does, to a point. you will not be able to return to stock the tuner, once you get it fixed and alan does your tune.

maybe you can have alan save your original file and his tuned file. this way, once you get the tuner issue resolved, you can have him put your original file in, so you can return to stock the tuner, then have alan reupload his final tune.