Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

running tsp duals out the back

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running tsp duals out the back

well i love the exhaust as of right now, but somewhere in the future im going to add a cam, and my friend had the same setup and the sound was very bad from inside the car. have people tried to run the tsp set up out the back?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Staging Lane

If you run any true dual setup out the back, as opposed to dumped at axel it'll most definently sound slightly quieter in the cabin. Yet sil be just as loud n aggresive outside.
I've had both setups dumped vs outback I'll vote outback any day of the week
Cheers
Old 06-17-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO the duals sound like **** run out the back, at least with the Dynomax bullet mufflers. Dumped under the car my duals sound deep and powerful, and set off car alarms across the street. When I had them run out the back, they just sound high pitched, tinny,and raspy. No bass at all. Went back to dumps after a couple days.

If you're worried about sound/vibration inside the car, just angle the turn downs towards the sides of the car instead of straight down.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

mine are out the back and I certainly don't have a problem with lack of low end noise (as evident by the car alarms I set off from a floor away in our parking garage at work)...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Launching!

out of curiousity how much did shops charge u to run it out the back? i was thinking of mybe just putting on my old magnaflow tips and having then connect it to that.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverhawk_02TA
IMO the duals sound like **** run out the back, at least with the Dynomax bullet mufflers. Dumped under the car my duals sound deep and powerful, and set off car alarms across the street. When I had them run out the back, they just sound high pitched, tinny,and raspy. No bass at all. Went back to dumps after a couple days.

If you're worried about sound/vibration inside the car, just angle the turn downs towards the sides of the car instead of straight down.
Yes this is true. They rasp like a **** when ran out the back, atleast with bullets. It totally changes the entire sound of the duals, once again atleast with bullets. Maybe another set of mufflers at the back or a different type of muffler would change that. If I were to run a set of duals out the back again I would put my muffler(s) at the rear.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by magius231
mine are out the back and I certainly don't have a problem with lack of low end noise (as evident by the car alarms I set off from a floor away in our parking garage at work)...

That is one of the things that make having duals absolutely amazing..

The other day i set of a riced out s2000's car alarm pulling into circuit city. It was one of those loud aftermarket systems with the pagers. The guy came running out of the store and meticulously examined his car. The pople parked out front picking up their new TV thought it was hilarious as I walked past with a big grin on my face..