Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SLP Car cover reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SLP Car cover reviews?

I just ordered from SLP the camaro SS car cover. After further exam, I noticed the add for the camaro ss cover didn't specify the cover was made of the same fabric the SLP cover was. If you read both adds, it leads you to believe the SLP is a higher quality cover. Anyone got one of these and know anything about this?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres a ttt
Old 06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd get a California Car Cover instead of a SLP cover. I've had both and the California Car Cover was 100 times better/nicer than the SLP cover....
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
I just ordered from SLP the camaro SS car cover. After further exam, I noticed the add for the camaro ss cover didn't specify the cover was made of the same fabric the SLP cover was. If you read both adds, it leads you to believe the SLP is a higher quality cover. Anyone got one of these and know anything about this?
They are the same cover, one just has a Camaro SS logo on the nose. The cover is OK just to keep the dust off in the garage or VERY occasional use outdoors but it's not the softest cover in the world. I am always very careful when putting it on or removing it, but my fiance rolled the cover up on the spoiler when removing it once and it scratched the paint a bit. I also think a California Car Cover is better in most cases.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

I thought we went over this in a previous thread hehe. The slp cover blows. The wire and locking mechanism is a vry sloppy and poorly made. You will invariably bang your side underbody moldings and bng all up under the car as you try and sling it or push it to the other side to lock it.

Then there is the stupid cover itself.. which might protect the car from pollen, but anything heavier that hits the car can still damage it hehe. It is also pretty easily torn imo, and was moe of a pain to put on than the ease of mind it gave with its weak protection. If you want it to help protect it from pollen dust and the sun its an okcover, but at the same tim it doesnt have a soft enough underboy that I imagine on windy days or if its pressed up against I am sure it can contribute to swirls or marksin the clear coat.

Again this is just my impression from the year or so I used one back in 2005 or so.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I have one but have never used it. car seems likes its alwasy dirty and seems like more of a pain in the *** to cover it than it is, and i drive the car almost everyday
Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have one i used it under a carport and it kept the car dry during rain and snow now i have a garage and dont need it now

Quick Reply: SLP Car cover reviews?