General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Throttle response issues...lags at inital launch

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle response issues...lags at inital launch

Ok been researching and found some things related to the slack I have in my throttle cable going to adjust it tonight. That said basically what im getting is if say im leaving a light and i want to get on it and i mash the peddle, its more of a build up like say the boost gauge on knight rider ha ha. I was in a couple cars the other night and both had immediate response not a build up. Now if im over say 2 or 3k rpms the response is fine its just off the line. I just recently installed a cam and this problem was persistent even before the cam but i rarely drove the car, im back in it more and this is driving me crazy. please help!
Old 06-18-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like something might be going on with your clutch
Old 06-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you're describing sounds like it's bogging down in low rpms which happens a lot in turbo cars. Also happens in older carburated cars where the a/f is too rich. Could be an o2 sensor acting up on you......might want to start there.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Rears are deleted, 2 up front i will check. The car is a little rich at idle but not to the point of smoking, getting dynotuned soon. However this was peristant before the cam.

Its not the clutch, its not slipping or anything the car is digging its just bogged down at inital throttle.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Yeah so i adjusted the cables, not as much slack as i thought. Cruise engages and stays at speed now instead of dipping BUT the damn lag is still there. I am going to Seafoam my car this weekend or next and it hasn't been done nor had a injector cleaning in probably 2 years or more. Do you think that this will help bring the throttle response back. I dont want the build up to power I want the WHAM like almost every fbody i have been in has.