Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rubbing brakes, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubbing brakes, please help!

OK i did my rear brakes, new pads and rotors, and they are STILL rubbing, making a constant annoying noise. Took it to my mechanic and he said everythings fine, we did them good, but it still making tht sound. I dont kno if its from buying ceramic pads and thts the noise those pads make? Ive heard people talkign abou a hex screw tht adjusts the brake pads in back but i couldnt find tht. Can someone please help the rubbing sound really getting annoying!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am going through that same problem i have taken the rears apart 4 times 2 different set of pads i dont see what it could be
if you figure yours out PM me cus i am about to replace everything and start from scratch
Old 06-21-2007, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

anyone? please, like everythings new, new ceramic pads and rotors, should i try different pads, or is there anything i can adjust. like should i push the piston in more, last time i did it seemed like it went back to being really tight again, my pads are super ttight against the rotors, no play any way of adjusting them?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Junkie

How hard was it to slide the pads into the brake shim clips? I bought a set of durastop or some cheap brand from Autozone for my car and they didn't slide freely. I had to jam them in. I returned them because it didn't seem right. My HPS pads slid right in.

Quick Reply: Rubbing brakes, please help!